P

Pages: (12) « First ... 9 10 [11] 12  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Max's HS Garage (2017 on)
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 13 2020, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Apr 9 2020, 02:00 AM)
My first upload for 2020! I decided to dust off the '87 - '90 Caprice base, because I haven't used it in 4 years!

user posted image

This is an '89 model from the Winnipeg Police. I also made a traffic version, since this car only has 3300 polies. I like this paint scheme, so I plan to make an LTD with it sometime. I've got a bit more time on my hands due to the lockdown, so I hope to complete at least one more project in the coming weeks.

By the way, I've run into a problem when playing HS on Windows 7: when I run a race, the driving view is blank, but the HUD is perfectly visible. In the graphics settings, the Screen Size box simply says "BAD TEXT INDEX 0", so that must be the reason. I can't think what would cause that.

You play with Veg Patch? If you do the cause of "Bad Text Index" is after you installed it you went into the game's menu and tried to change the resolution setting, Can't do that, You have to play with the way you selected when installed Veg Patch. Annoying but that's how it does.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 22 2020, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

That must be it. Will I have to re-install the patch or game to fix it?

In other news, I've revisited my unfinished lightbar models. I just finished a Vector/Vision (which I will use on a car shortly) and I've recently moved onto the FedSig Jet-series. Here's a picture of my progress:

user posted image

I'm trying to find the best balance between detail and poly load. I will also make the mini versions of the JetStream and JetStrobe.

I'm also working on a few civilian vehicles, but they won't be ready for a while.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 26 2020, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Here's one of the civilian vehicles I was talking about. It's a modification of Nils's 1998 Blazer. I haven't even touched the bumper or lower body cladding yet, so they're still Chevy-spec. But here's a sample of what I've done so far.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Apr 27 2020, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Apr 27 2020, 12:16 AM)
Here's one of the civilian vehicles I was talking about. It's a modification of Nils's 1998 Blazer. I haven't even touched the bumper or lower body cladding yet, so they're still Chevy-spec. But here's a sample of what I've done so far.

Is this the Opel Blazer or GMC Jimmy variant of the S-10 Blazer that you are working on or no? Also Max what about the PI Sedan/Special Service Sedan interior textures were you able to draw new ones yet or no?

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 28 2020, 04:01 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (CVPI19 @ Apr 28 2020, 04:45 AM)

Is this the Opel Blazer or GMC Jimmy variant of the S-10 Blazer that you are working on or no? Also Max what about the PI Sedan/Special Service Sedan interior textures were you able to draw new ones yet or no?

Opel's version is called Frontera and Isuzu also copied that calling it Rodeo anyway from the front it looks to be the Oldsmobile equal to those (split in grill gave it away).

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 28 2020, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

You're right, it's the Oldsmobile Bravada. I'll also make a multi-texture pursuit version when it's finished, just like Nils usually did. I won't be giving it body lines, though, because there's no need to make a base from it. But I do plan to make a Blazer/Jimmy base eventually. I hope to make a few more Oldsmobiles from the bases we have.

(And by the way, the Opel Frontera was the copy; the original was the Isuzu MU.)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 28 2020, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Apr 28 2020, 10:24 PM)
You're right, it's the Oldsmobile Bravada. I'll also make a multi-texture pursuit version when it's finished, just like Nils usually did. I won't be giving it body lines, though, because there's no need to make a base from it. But I do plan to make a Blazer/Jimmy base eventually. I hope to make a few more Oldsmobiles from the bases we have.

(And by the way, the Opel Frontera was the copy; the original was the Isuzu MU.)

Well if you want to gohead and make a Isuzu Rodeo/Opel Frontera DO give that bodylines as several Police vehicles can be made from that. wink.png

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 28 2020, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Apr 23 2020, 04:57 AM)
That must be it. Will I have to re-install the patch or game to fix it?

In other news, I've revisited my unfinished lightbar models. I just finished a Vector/Vision (which I will use on a car shortly) and I've recently moved onto the FedSig Jet-series.  Here's a picture of my progress:

user posted image

I'm trying to find the best balance between detail and poly load.  I will also make the mini versions of the JetStream and JetStrobe.

I'm also working on a few civilian vehicles, but they won't be ready for a while.

Good job, I think now I'll wait and see how these turn out, I kind of tinkered with the one you made on this:

http://nfspolicehq.com/index.php?ind=downl..._view&iden=1193

and put in on the Police Quest 2 Police Dodge Diplomat I did and have yet to bring forth to here.

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Apr 28 2020, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Apr 28 2020, 08:01 AM)

Opel's version is called Frontera and Isuzu also copied that calling it Rodeo anyway from the front it looks to be the Oldsmobile equal to those (split in grill gave it away).

Paul there was a Opel Blazer they slapped a different grille and Opel badge on it in Indonesia.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 29 2020, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (CVPI19 @ Apr 29 2020, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Apr 28 2020, 08:01 AM)

Paul there was a Opel Blazer they slapped a different grille and Opel badge on it in Indonesia.

huh.png mellow.png I stand corrected then.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 3 2020, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Paul, I recommend waiting until these new lightbars are released. That old one was made before I knew how a JetSonic was put together. The new ones are far more accurate, since I used pictures as references. Also, I updated the Diplomat base a while ago. It has some fixed issues as well as a door sill mapping guide.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 6 2020, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

They're done! I even made versions with solid-colour lenses, just in case. But before I release them, I want to use at least one of them on a car, to make sure they work.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Michael_Mcknight
Posted: May 7 2020, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 361

Those Light Bars are awesome,great work smile.png
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: May 13 2020, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Great job. Now I'm curious if you plan on improoving FrankNFurter's AeroDynic and TwinSonic variants? Or do you like them as is? The only real thing I see about them is there was no Mini version made or version made that has diffrent rotator setups, But it's no trouble to mod the rotator setups for me moving things round in CarCad.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 13 2020, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I do plan on doing that, but not in the near future. I have long been thinking of making my own TwinSonic from scratch, since it has a simple design.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (12) « First ... 9 10 [11] 12  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll