P

Pages: (18) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Max's HS Police Car Garage
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 75

G'day everyone,

I have been meaning to make cars for HS for a while now (i.e 3 years) and I have finally got a round tuit.

I'm thinking that the best way to start would be to re-texture some existing cars. I'm planning on making state-/province-themed traffic cops as well as multi-texture player cars. Of course, I intend to make them available here (and only here).

I also intend to convert my cars (or have them converted) to HP2, to fill some gaps in the downloads area.

I'm also looking for a 1990 LTD Crown Victoria base.

I have edited dummies, performance and fedata on HS cars before, so I have a small history.

I also have a plethora of international siren samples. If you like, I can publish a list of them.

I've already started some projects. Watch this space! wink.png

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Great wink.png

Doing sirens is so easy..I get most of mine from YouTube vids and use Audacity to record them and edit them in.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Yeah, I use a similar method with most of mine. I've been doing sirens for at least a couple of years. I should upload some of them.

Onto the main subject; I have just completed some liveries and I am currently in the process of mapping them. It might take a few days to complete the cars.

At least one of these liveries is not currently covered in the Downloads section. I'm crossing into uncharted territory. biggrin.png

PS: How do you take screenshots in zmodeler and in HS?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Dec 30 2015, 05:42 AM)
Yeah, I use a similar method with most of mine.  I've been doing sirens for at least a couple of years.  I should upload some of them.

Onto the main subject; I have just completed some liveries and I am currently in the process of mapping them.  It might take a few days to complete the cars.

At least one of these liveries is not currently covered in the Downloads section.  I'm crossing into uncharted territory. biggrin.png

PS: How do you take screenshots in zmodeler and in HS?

On your keyboard hit Print SCRN, It's how I do it. Then use a photo editor and just paste the pic in, Crop out all the junk at the bottom and around the sides..Done.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

Are you trying to post a pic on the message board ?

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

QUOTE (NFS Police Force @ Dec 30 2015, 12:56 PM)
Are you trying to post a pic on the message board ?

I will post the zmodeler pics on the message board, but I also want to take screenshots of the cars in-game so I can upload them with the files (once I have completed them, that is).

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Ctrl + Prtsc Sysrg on the left on the top. If that does not work look for a print screen program . wink.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Got it. wink.png

Zmodeler is taking a while to get used to. Once I figure something out, I forget how I did it. mad.png
Of course, zmodeler is not exactly simple (when you don't know it by heart), which makes it even more frustrating.

Whenever I do something according to the tutorial, the result is completely different. Sometimes nothing happens. mad.png
On the occasion that it does happen, I can't do it again. It's taken me a whole day to paint a door and ruin the mapping of the car's trim. Zmodeler is not being co-operative.

This is what I've done:

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Where is the rest of the cars ? All I see is a bottom and a door . dry.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 01:31 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

The rest of the car is hidden.

Here's a screenshot with the car un-hidden:

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Also, I'm thinking that maybe 4000+ faces is too many for traffic cars. Would that be right? That's what the car has.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Dec 31 2015, 06:34 AM)
Also, I'm thinking that maybe 4000+ faces is too many for traffic cars. Would that be right? That's what the car has.

Nice car, I see it's Royal Newfoundland Police (I think)

On traffic cops it depends, Most I think 4000 polys is ok but on some places like Kindiak Park,RockyPass,etc. I think there is a 3000 something limit.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

It got to be low low for traffic. But Paul should know wink.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Correct, the livery is the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary. So far, no RNC cars are on this site, so mine might be the first. wink.png

The car was supposed to be a traffic replacement for the Discovery, since most of its tracks are in Canada. If it's too high-poly then that would be a problem.

Since the mapping is ruined and only part of the door is correct, should I start again or will that change nothing? The livery was made on the Lumina's stock TGA, so all of its textures are still in exactly the same places.

I also have other projects coming, so I would like to know if that sort of thing happens.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jan 1 2016, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jan 1 2016, 12:43 AM)
Correct, the livery is the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary. So far, no RNC cars are on this site, so mine might be the first. wink.png

The car was supposed to be a traffic replacement for the Discovery, since most of its tracks are in Canada. If it's too high-poly then that would be a problem.

Since the mapping is ruined and only part of the door is correct, should I start again or will that change nothing? The livery was made on the Lumina's stock TGA, so all of its textures are still in exactly the same places.

I also have other projects coming, so I would like to know if that sort of thing happens.

First off I envy you for trying your paint job needs out in ZModeler happy.png I never got the hang of texturing in it so I don't use it for that.

2nd. You might want to change wheels on the car first if it's crashing the game as a traffic cop..I have used 40-76 poly wheels alot on releases.

3rd. since ZModeler is so complicated to use at texturing maybe give FCE Finish 2 a try..It's all me and DeltaForce use biggrin.png .

Once done this will be great to add to our list and as far as I know none of the emergency vehicle sites for any game have done the RNC, Not even the Emergency games guys.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (18) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll