Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Zmodeler Bug
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 10 2016, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

Ever since I started making cars, I have noticed a few bugs in Zmod.

It doesn't like FCE files. If I import one with the damaged parts, it usually crashes. If I don't import the damaged parts, it is more likely to work, but it still crashes often.

If it does work and I want to save it as a Z3D, it might crash. It might even crash if I try to open a Z3D made from an FCE.

This is what happened with my New Jersey CV and Connecticut CVPI; it's why I decided to release the NJ CV without making modifications that I thought it needed. I haven't released the CT CVPI, for the same reason.

I think polies might have something to do with it, but I tried putting a front number plate on the Rocky Pass PD Caprice PPV that Paul made, which is very low-poly (I'm trying to make it into a Vermont SP cruiser). It crashed when I tried to save it.

If you're wondering what my system is, it's an old Windows XP desktop with an Intel CPU and a Nvidia GPU. It was quite high-tech for its day.

Also, NFS Wizard stopped working on that PC around the same time. I've no idea why, since I've used it for minor modding for a few years.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 01:57 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

Are you still keeping file paths as short as possible?

Also, z3d files may end up corrupted, merging them with a new file usually fixes the problem.

Still, ZMod can be somewhat tricky. And frustrating as a result should you lose progress when the program decides to crash.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 03:08 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Yes; I keep WIPs in C:\Games, usually in a sub-folder with their names.

I'll try merging them. I just managed to get Code 4's CVPI into a z3d; hopefully I can open it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

It does it to me to . I just save my work over and over agin . That what you need to do in zmolder.

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 22 2016, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

New bug:

No matter what I do (short of uniting all parts into one), Zmod doesn't like showing interiors through glass on most files. I took the screenshots of my lightbars after I united all parts. On my latest project, though, I united all parts to take a screenshot but only the rotators show up; the mirrors don't. Any ideas?

Also, whenever I change an object's "Miscellaneous Properties" to "NFS4 FCE Filter", it reverts back to default as soon as I close the Properties window. This happens every time on all files.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 22 2016, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jun 23 2016, 01:22 AM)
New bug:

No matter what I do (short of uniting all parts into one), Zmod doesn't like showing interiors through glass on most files.  I took the screenshots of my lightbars after I united all parts.  On my latest project, though, I united all parts to take a screenshot but only the rotators show up; the mirrors don't.  Any ideas?

Also, whenever I change an object's "Miscellaneous Properties" to "NFS4 FCE Filter", it reverts back to default as soon as I close the Properties window.  This happens every time on all files.

If you want everything to show right when taking pics of your cars just move the parts not showing higher up on the parts list order. ZModeler has a STUPID higherarchy and likes to leave parts off the further down the list they appear mad.png .

As for the other problem, Did you ever get a front plate attached to that Caprice I made a RockyPass cop car from? If not I can try and send it to you. I think I might remake the Illinois State Police car using that too smile.png.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 23 2016, 03:42 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Thanks; I'll try that wink.png.

As far as I can remember, I did get a front plate onto the Caprice; I even managed to save it as a Z3D. It already has a Valor, so I'm going to make a Vermont State Police car out of it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 23 2016, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Jun 23 2016, 08:33 AM)
If you want everything to show right when taking pics of your cars just move the parts not showing higher up on the parts list order. ZModeler has a STUPID higherarchy and likes to leave parts off the further down the list they appear mad.png .

As for the other problem, Did you ever get a front plate attached to that Caprice I made a RockyPass cop car from? If not I can try and send it to you. I think I might remake the Illinois State Police car using that too smile.png.

That's simply the way 3D graphics work. Z-buffer. Look it up. Or transparency blending. Non-trivial problems.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 24 2016, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jun 23 2016, 11:42 AM)
Thanks; I'll try that wink.png.

As far as I can remember, I did get a front plate onto the Caprice; I even managed to save it as a Z3D. It already has a Valor, so I'm going to make a Vermont State Police car out of it.

Vermont State Police is using Valor now? ohmy.png I got to look at the new stuff..I'm stuck in the past, I remember them with Whelen Edge 9000 and even further back Whelen strobe gumball lights.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 24 2016, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

The Caprices do; according to this photo from policecars.tumblr.com:

user posted image

Their other cars (Charger, Taurus, Explorer) use the Whelen Liberty.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll