P

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> GTA V confirmed for PC & Next Generation Consoles
CVPI19
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Everyone the moment we PC & Next Gen Console fans have been waiting for & that is Grand Theft Auto V is coming to those platforms this fall a year after being released on Xbox 360 & PS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
CVPI19
Posted: Jun 11 2014, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

I also found out that anyone who has the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions of the game their data can be transferred to the PS4 release of the game as well too.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

I wonder how well it'll perform. IV had quite a bad <framerate : graphics quality> ratio, but I read that V is much more optimized.

What remains is the question how well the missions are designed... the heavy scripting annoyed me to no end in some mission in VC already and got not necessarily better in IV. Like chasing someone you're supposed to... neutralize and you pump 'em full of bullets but you have to keep up to them for a certain time before they actually become vulnerable. Or when the cars of people you chase drive like on rails and when you manage to get close enough to ramming them you total your own ride while they continue their journey with as little as a dent in their vehicle because that's how the mission is supposed to go. Open-world my ***.

So all in all, I will likely not buy it before it becomes cheaper. And before that happens Watch_Dogs will have become much cheaper, I suppose.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Jun 13 2014, 11:09 AM)
I wonder how well it'll perform. IV had quite a bad <framerate : graphics quality> ratio, but I read that V is much more optimized.

What remains is the question how well the missions are designed... the heavy scripting annoyed me to no end in some mission in VC already and got not necessarily better in IV. Like chasing someone you're supposed to... neutralize and you pump 'em full of bullets but you have to keep up to them for a certain time before they actually become vulnerable. Or when the cars of people you chase drive like on rails and when you manage to get close enough to ramming them you total your own ride while they continue their journey with as little as a dent in their vehicle because that's how the mission is supposed to go. Open-world my ***.

So all in all, I will likely not buy it before it becomes cheaper. And before that happens Watch_Dogs will have become much cheaper, I suppose.

Nils I heard that the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions had alot of bugs hopefully they fixed alot of those bugs for the PS4, Xbox One, & PC versions. I heard that you will be able to transfer your character for GTA Online to the next gen & PC versions as well. Plus more animals have been added, smoother graphics than the original release.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

At least the part about smoother graphics sounds promising. But judging from the one video I have seen so far, missions seem to still heavily rely on scripts resulting in some ridiculous stuff at times.

With the right commentary, it's pretty entertaining, though happy.png Especially the smalltalk-time which is an upgrade of the already awesome car-bullet-time biggrin.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZKqsDE0Rc8

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Oct 3 2014, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Here's an update the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V will be released on January 27th, 2015, while next month on November 18th, 2014 the XBox One & Playstation 4 versions will be released. Maybe the reason for the delay of the PC version a bit longer who knows could be testing, adding more features, etc. Now GTA Online for the Next Generation Consoles will be launched the same day as the releases of GTA V for those consoles, while the PC version will be launched the day that the PC version of GTA V is released as well.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Oct 4 2014, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

The PC version will have a video editor — that's so far the only difference between the PC and next-gen console versions. I guess it just needs much more testing because the PC is a varied platform. And considering Max Payne 3, Rockstar aren't overly awesome when it comes to releases for the PC dry.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 24 2014, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Last Tuesday the Xbox One & PS4 versions of Grand Theft Auto V were released & another feature that is part of those versions will also be part of the PC version is first person view which means this makes it the first time that first person view has been included in a GTA game ever. When in first person in GTA V when driving it almost feels like past Need for Speed & other racing games due to the in car dash view & also a first person shooter. Plus you also get more new vehicles like another sub for taken pics of different animals, more races unlocks more vehicles, plus you also get to unlock a filter which can make the game feel like la noir in black & white after solving a murder mystery, & eating/collecting 27 pieces of peyote turns Michael, Franklin, or Trevor into a animal like birds, cats, dogs, & other land animals, & sea creatures like sharks, stingrays, fish, dolphins, and even killer whales via hallucinations caused by eating the peyote in the game. These other mentioned features will also be in the PC version as well too. Well the only way to do that in the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions was to mod the game via modded consoles my guess is that Rockstar was inspired by these play as animal mods to make that a feature in the next gen & PC versions. Plus here are graphic comparisons between the previous & next gen console ports of the game from GTA Series which they will also do a comparisons between these ports & PC when the PC version comes out in January. Here's a link to the game on steam which further confirms that the PC version is on its way.

GTA V PC version on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

Playing as Animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASkopqEklWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash-hbatZIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRWvoAIvL4

First person view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4TdGgWmQU

Graphic comparisons between the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions to the Xbox One & PS4 versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apRqCP5RDDE

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 04:49 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

I saw a vid of the first-person feature before and must say it looked pretty impressive. Working gauges and the radio even displays the selected station / current song.

Wonder whether there will be technical issues like recently with some Ubisoft titles. My experience with Max Payne 3 in that regard is pretty discouraging. Plus GTA IV didn't seem to be overly optimized for the PC, either.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 25 2014, 08:49 AM)
I saw a vid of the first-person feature before and must say it looked pretty impressive. Working gauges and the radio even displays the selected station / current song.

Wonder whether there will be technical issues like recently with some Ubisoft titles. My experience with Max Payne 3 in that regard is pretty discouraging. Plus GTA IV didn't seem to be overly optimized for the PC, either.

The reason GTA IV PC wasn't a good port was due to the fact the way Rockstar Toronto handled that & it came out horrible I believe the people who ported La Noir to the PC is handling the PC port of GTA V this time Nils. What do you think of the feature of playing as animals as I stated originally people made mods for the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions & using modified versions of those consoles to get these mods working. Maybe Rockstar seen these animal mods & likely gave them an idea to add that feature to the enhanced versions.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Unless I can play as a bloodhound or a big cat (or a dinosaur biggrin.png), I am not really interested. Was nice to play as the Darkling in Darkness II and useful to possess a rat or fish in Dishonored to infiltrate an area, but overall I prefer traveling on two legs or four or more wheels.

And which team was responsible for the Max Payne 3 PC version? You know, I wasn't even able to start the game until the third patch arrived and even then I had to manually set it to use DX11 and the correct aspect-ratio via startup parameters. And I read the L.A. Noire controls are not that smooth, either.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 26 2014, 11:09 AM)
Unless I can play as a bloodhound or a big cat (or a dinosaur biggrin.png), I am not really interested.

The only big cat you can play as is a cougar in GTA V of course you can't choose what animal you play as though its random. As I stated you have to find 27 peyote plants around the map & I think being a bird or marine animal is amazing get to swim or fly around the whole map. Plus when playing as dogs, coyotes, & even cougars, you do get to use their attacks like clawing & biting same goes for playing as sharks in the water.

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 26 2014, 11:09 AM)
And which team was responsible for the Max Payne 3 PC version? You know, I wasn't even able to start the game until the third patch arrived and even then I had to manually set it to use DX11 and the correct aspect-ratio via startup parameters. And I read the L.A. Noire controls are not that smooth, either.

I heard while a video from GTA Series that the PC port of GTA V will be polished & finished correctly so it can work properly on PCs Nils.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Do you really expect them to admit they're not polishing if that was the case? Though the delayed release really raises chances it'll be a proper port. Still, not buying it right away.

Shark... that sounds cool, albeit limited since you'll be restricted to water only. Cougar on the other hand should make for some mobility. Still, I am not overly excited about this feature.

Does it feature a tank, by the way? Perhaps even a proper one with tracks or a genuine wheeled tank like the Stryker?

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 27 2014, 07:58 PM)
Do you really expect them to admit they're not polishing if that was the case? Though the delayed release really raises chances it'll be a proper port. Still, not buying it right away.

I completely understand that Nils plus there will be a video editor like the one from GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City.

Shark... that sounds cool, albeit limited since you'll be restricted to water only. Cougar on the other hand should make for some mobility. Still, I am not overly excited about this feature.

Trust me playing as any of the random animals in the game will be a blast.

Does it feature a tank, by the way? Perhaps even a proper one with tracks or a genuine wheeled tank like the Stryker?

Yes the Rhino is back its been back since Chinatown Wars & the original release of GTA V & it has treads like the one from Chinatown Wars but unlike the ones from GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, & VCS. In fact the GTA V version of the Rhino is based on the German Leopard 2A3 instead of the American M1 Abrams like in GTA SA.

http://gta.wikia.com/Rhino

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 28 2014, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Interesting. Yet, it looks kind of weird... but then again, this is GTA ^^ Though I find it far-fetched to say it's based on the Leopard 2. It looks like a mixture of a lot of modern MBTs. And for some reason, this combination looks a lot older, almost reminding me of a WW2 tank.

Anyhow, thanks for the info wink.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll