Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Back From The United States
slego9
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

Just yesterday I got back from a robotics competition held by FIRST and NASA down in West Virginia. first off, your guys' chocolate milk sucks. Second off, for two Countries being so close we are quite a bit more diffrent then I thought. Me being a big NFS fan and the fact that NFS is normaly based in the USA these days it was really cool to just see how stuff is run, I saw a few State Police Cuisers and officers and oh my word there is SO MANY gas stations there like litteraly every 5 Km's it feels like. me being from a small-Mid sized town in Eastern Canada I was not quite prepared for "A nice little place" in West Viginia. Anywho had alot of fun on the trip and prepare for a new car request sooner or later here.

(ALSO kinda off topic but Offtopic in Offtopic is irony sooo.... what do you guys think of NFSW offline?)

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
Paul Spain
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (slego9 @ Jul 11 2017, 04:27 PM)
Just yesterday I got back from a robotics competition held by FIRST and NASA down in West Virginia. first off, your guys' chocolate milk sucks. Second off, for two Countries being so close we are quite a bit more diffrent then I thought. Me being a big NFS fan and the fact that NFS is normaly based in the USA these days it was really cool to just see how stuff is run, I saw a few State Police Cuisers and officers and oh my word there is SO MANY gas stations there like litteraly every 5 Km's it feels like. me being from a small-Mid sized town in Eastern Canada I was not quite prepared for "A nice little place" in West Viginia. Anywho had alot of fun on the trip and prepare for a new car request sooner or later here.

(ALSO kinda off topic but Offtopic in Offtopic is irony sooo.... what do you guys think of NFSW offline?)

For me NFS lost it's glory when they stuck to the over used fake U.S. locales that are simular to the MostWanted,Carbon,Undercover,etc. storyline. Need to go back to the nice worldwide locales as seen in HighStakes or NFS2 as well..They are missing out on so much potential sticking to settings only in my country LOL. Bad as the GTA franchise.

As for gas stations, Yeah they can be in tiny places,A village named Tamaroa not too far from me has one and they only got maybe 400 or so people there laugh.png Sad seeing the place everytime I pass it on the way to work cause you can tell it used to be a maybe 1000 or 2000 people town, So many building ruins or empty buildings just sitting there. Sadly I think my old hometown Zeigler is headed this route too sad.png.

Now on the chocolate milk thing, I don't know how good Canada's is never having gone there yet but did you try Yahoo? It's good, I used to drink it in the 12 oz cans when I was a kid but I think now it only comes in small glass bottles. Just shake it up real good before opening it. Also we have our white milk in gallon jugs, Seems from what I saw on YouTube Canada has it in thick plastic bags<_< laugh.png . that looks weird.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

I can't comment on US or Canadian chocolate milk, because I never tried it (even though I was there for 3 weeks laugh.png). But I will say this: it would be tough to beat the stuff we have here. Lewis Road Creamery makes a really nice premium chocolate milk; it's made by mixing full-cream milk (I think you call it "whole milk") with Whittaker's dark chocolate (they make really good chocolate).

user posted image

The stuff was so popular that crowds queued up at the supermarkets to buy it; and the Creamery couldn't keep up with demand!

Our plain milk comes in 1, 2 and 3 litre bottles.

Fuel stations can be in small places here, too. Interesting place name, Tamaroa; it sounds like it could be here. We have a place called Omaha too, but the name origin is different.

And I agree with Paul about NFS. Onto the main topic, I'm guessing your request will be a WV State Police car? Maybe a local sheriff?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jul 14 2017, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Chances are yes it will be WV Sate Police but we will have to wait and see I am lacking so much sleep that that is at the back of my mind lol. we have 2 litre Milk Cartons, 2 litre Milk Jugs and a 4 Litre Milk jug. we also have a baged milk which comes normally in a bag (so there is 3 bags of milk in a bag normaly about 1.5 litres per bag) and yes it is wierd I dont use it out of bags but I know people who do lol. the worst is when you are poring it out (since you put the bag of milk in a jug) and the milk bag falls out of said jug.... it makes a mess....

speaking of which I managed to spill a whole bunch of hot candle wax on my hand so I have no clue how this will turn out considering my dominant hand is dead lol.

--------------------

PMUsers Website
slego9
Posted: Jul 14 2017, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Also.... Dang that Chocolate milk looks good. I will have to get my friend to pick some up on his next trip to NZ.

--------------------

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll