P

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> More High Stakes Questions!, Episode II the newb strikes back!
slego9
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

A few more things regarding High Stakes.

1. Can you turn on your light bar without your siren?
2. whats the highset poly count you can get to in the game for costume cars (with and without the high poly menu patch)
3. what program do you use to add lights (Like Light bar lights and stuff.... lol stuff....) and is there a tutorial to do it?

Thanks and I assumed I should have made a new thread for this......

EDIT: number 3 is invalid I have been messing around in FCE finish..... now I just need to figure put how to sue FCE finish...

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 6

Use zmolder 1.07 if you can figer it out . You need a good paint program . There is a free program call paint.net . That should work fine after that it takes sometime .It took me a few month to figer out how to make nfshs cars . Carcad is another program you can try to . That in our download section .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

yea I have been playing around with FCE for a while here and its pretty fun... I would love to do a project but I don't think I have the patience to do a whole car. maybe a light bar or something would be fun.

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

Paint.net is what I use to make all of my textures. All HS texture files are 256x256 TGA files with 32-bit colour depth.

Answer to Q1: No. The only games I've played where you can do that are the Alarm für Cobra 11 games from Germany.

Answer to Q2: I can only guess, since I've had the patch for so long. For traffic cars, under 3000 should be fine; for player cars, anything under 4000 should work well. XJ220's cars have always worked for me; especially his older ones.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jul 23 2016, 03:16 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

1. No. It's possible in the newer titles (HP2010, Rivals) but wasn't back then.

2. You have to consider there's a difference between the car selection menu and the actual race/pursuit. In the former, without the patch, the limit may lie around 5000, with it, it should theoretically double. Now on the track, cars with 17000 or so have been shown to work. Problem is a complete race/pursuit/whatever has an overall limit that sportscars, squad cars and civilian vehicles combined must not exceed. This is at ca. 40000 - lower in HS tracks like Landstrasse, higher on HP tracks like Hometown. I personally use ca. 2000 for traffic police sedan replacements (M5, Caprice etc.), ca. 3000 for the police sportscar (Diablo, Corvette...) and try not to exceed 4500/5000 on my player cars. Set up like that, the game usually works for me.

3. ZModeler 1 tutorial I wouldn't start using CarCAD as it has not aged well. It's till useful for some tasks, though. Anyhow, FCE Finish is a good place to start.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll