P

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What car do you drive?, I'm just curious.
BrabusAMG
Posted: Oct 14 2016, 01:38 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

Our tests are 45 minutes too, but our roads still aren't safe. Mind you, that's because the bad drivers are older people who got their licences before the new rules were introduced.

Dash cams are getting popular here too. I am definitely getting one for my car, just in case. My dad had one in his old work van (it's now in his car). Once, while travelling on the highway (which is a 2-lane rural road here), someone in an oncoming car (a yellow Honda Jazz) turned right on an intersection right in front of him, nearly causing him to hit the traffic island! The driver was reported to the police and was charged.

I'm surprised that Toronto has such empty roads. Christchurch (population 380,000) is always busy during the day. Mind you, Toronto probably didn't have an earthquake 6 years ago that broke the roads (which still haven't been completely fixed).

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 14 2016, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (BoxCarRacer @ Oct 14 2016, 02:47 AM)
It's all basic stuff... parallel parking, 3-point turn, emergency stop (which is just safely pulling over and putting on 4-way flashers LOL).

My highway portion was just the examiner telling me to do a couple lane changes!!

Our roads aren't safe. Dash cameras have become really popular here over the past few years. Here's some guy I captured driving up the wrong side of the road last month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJESnvhfdWY

Bear with that guy, he's probably British biggrin.png

Though, well, I think the basic stuff is okay? Parking, right of way etc. are all basic yet fundamental. And on highways, what could be more important than proper lane-changing?

Either way, the stuff you and Max experienced can happen here just as well. There are always enough morons around.

On the other hand, my instructor told me some of his students failed the practical test because they didn't pass the emergency braking (30 kph steady, then on signal slam the clutch and brake). That's pretty lolwut.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Oct 25 2016, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Oct 15 2016, 05:03 AM)
Bear with that guy, he's probably British biggrin.png

Or Australian tongue.png. Over here, they cause more accidents than foreigners from any other country, even though they drive on the same side of the road as we do. Interestingly, Germans come second in those stats huh.png, although the Chinese get the most attention.

Emergency braking wasn't tested in the practical test here, although I have been taught how to do it (at 50 km/h too).

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 26 2016, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Oct 26 2016, 01:59 AM)
Or Australian tongue.png. Over here, they cause more accidents than foreigners from any other country, even though they drive on the same side of the road as we do. Interestingly, Germans come second in those stats huh.png, although the Chinese get the most attention.

Probably because we're not used to driving so slowly biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Oct 29 2016, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Especially when you're trying to drive a campervan on the left while trying to look at the scenery on this road. I've been on it a few times (including twice today); the switchbacks at the end drop 400 metres in altitude. The road also happens to be the highest main road in New Zealand and I think it's the most spectacular. The views on the summit are amazing.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 03:44 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

That indeed looks like a challenging road. Could make for a nice rally stage smile.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

The recommended speed signs on those last corners go as low as 15 km/h. Those low speeds are needed.

There was a rally stage near there once. It wasn't on that particular road, but it was on a road that comes off it (go north-east on that map until you get to a place called "Cardrona"). The road goes to the Snow Farm (a cross-country ski field) and the Southern Hemisphere Proving Grounds (where new cars and tyres are tested in our winter). The rally was called "Race to the Sky" and it was our equivalent of Pikes Peak.

Unfortunately it is no longer going, because after a new owner set it up again, the land owners decided to increase their charges and reduce the lease period. Substantially dry.png. The new owner also built a tarmac racing circuit in nearby Cromwell. An Australian GT Championship stage will be held there in a couple of weeks.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 31 2016, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

My car I have now.

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Nov 1 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Nice! Anything with an "S" trim label can't be a bad choice biggrin.png.

Is that bumper sticker from the dealer? I find that unusual, because here they just put a plastic frame around the number plate. I guess that's not allowed where you are.

On a side note, I see that fences are rare in your part of the world. It's the opposite here. Oh, and those two pickups look like the same model. Are they?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Nov 1 2016, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Nov 1 2016, 10:33 PM)
Nice! Anything with an "S" trim label can't be a bad choice biggrin.png.

Is that bumper sticker from the dealer? I find that unusual, because here they just put a plastic frame around the number plate. I guess that's not allowed where you are.

On a side note, I see that fences are rare in your part of the world. It's the opposite here. Oh, and those two pickups look like the same model. Are they?

I don't know if the trucks are the same kind or not, Never paid attention to them LOL, As for the sticker, Most car lots do it that way, I even see them on some police cars too but some have a plate frame too, All up to the dealer how they mark their vehicles for sale.

Fences aren't rare here LOL, I just don't wanna spend the money to build one, My property actually has a old rotting away wood fence around it but I'm not gonna bother wasting the money to repair it. We have a few stupid laws here but far as I know no law saying you MUST have a fence. they constantly complain to me about my 4 pine trees along my front and my 1st driveway (I have have 2 driveways here LOL) though in the end I win, Way I see it is it's not the city's place to tell people how neat to keep their trees unless they are impeading onto the other neighbors or sidewalks, I win here too because I have NO sidewalk either tongue.png laugh.png. Plus they shield and protect my car and front of my house so I'll never cut them or trim them.

OLD pic Google has from when I had a 2000 Buick Lesabre, Trees are still the same way to this day despite all the city officials raising a royal hell for me to trim them up sleep.png .

user posted image

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
UnumProvident101
Posted: Nov 2 2016, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Oct 31 2016, 05:29 AM)
My car I have now.

user posted image
user posted image

My dad has the 2015 version of this car but it is the S model and the color of the car is red

--------------------
Micah Hutcherson
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll