Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> In The Shadow of The Fern, Life on Mars goes on
Dark One
Posted: Jan 16 2017, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

I'm pretty sure that most of you know about the American remake of the popular British TV series Life on Mars, that itself was a nod to The Professionals, or Dempsey and Makepeace in case of the sequel Ashes to Ashes.
Some of you might have even noticed, that the pilot movie did originally took place in LA, and as a matter of fact, there was also made Russian and Spanish adaptation.

But now it's the time for Czechs to make some use of the license, which I think might be interesting for Paul, if this thing will ever get dubbed into English, or at least given the English subtitles.

The year is 1982, and young detective wakes up in the hospital, after getting hit by the car. Wakes up to the days before he was even born, to the times of tough Normalization, where everything that matters is how well you can get along with the regime. Is he in coma? Is this all just in his head?

Of course the series can also serve as the "deconstruction" of Czechoslovak crime shows of the era, like the propagandist 30 Cases of Major Zeman (that actually gets mentioned as favorite series of the protagonist's boss, who makes the entire precinct to watch it, and take an example out of it), or the Pitaval from late eighties, that portrayed the criminalists of SNB just as the ordinary detectives.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Feb 3 2017, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Member No.: 229

Sounds intresting I didn't know they were making a remake of Life on Mars (Thats what you get when you get rid of Cable.) but now I am intrested....

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
bliptarralm
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 370

Rossmos art is gorgeous. I dont know the Shadow very well, and Im hesitant with Orlando writing it, but it looks good so far.
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
Paul Spain
Posted: Sep 23 2018, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Ooooh ohmy.png wink.png All the old VB cars ,Reminds me, I need to update those I have up now smile.png.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll