P

Pages: (12) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Max's HS Garage (2017 on)
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jan 24 2017, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

EDIT (11 May 17): This is the new topic for all of my HS mods from 2017 onwards.
---

I just made a Unity RV-26/46 today; as used by Michigan State Police and a handful of other agencies. I made it by modifying the Dominion beacon I made a while back. The RV-26 (2-bulb) has 210 polies, the RV-46 (4-bulb) has 258 and the LED retrofit has 154. There's probably some room for improvement, so I won't post it yet.

EDIT (25 Jan 17): I just found the right textures for the LED version, so I've altered the screenshot accordingly.

This post has been edited by BrabusAMG on May 10 2017, 07:37 PM

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 03:06 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jan 24 2017, 09:45 AM)
I just made a Unity RV-26/46 today; as used by Michigan State Police and a handful of other agencies. I made it by modifying the Dominion beacon I made a while back. The RV-26 (2-bulb) has 210 polies, the RV-46 (4-bulb) has 258 and the LED retrofit has 154. There's probably some room for improvement, so I won't post it yet.

EDIT: I just found the right textures for the LED version, so I've altered the screenshot accordingly.

Looks great, But I thought this light only came with the small white stripes on the cover, I didn't know they also had solid covers too huh.png . Carbondale police used that same light back in the 1970's along with lolipop lights added to the bar.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

The solid red one is for that retro LED beacon. And I'm pretty sure that other police departments of the time used it with the solid color as well. But I still think that Michigan State Police should have switched to some LED lightbar, when they couldn't get new ones anymore.

It became the tradition, because the beacon was brighter than anything else on the market, but now they are using the 'same' beacon retrofitted with LEDs, BECAUSE it became the tradition. rolleyes.gif It already looked awkward on the Charger, and the first generation was ordered only in slicktop version just for sure, but on the Interceptors it's downright silly. tongue.png

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (Dark One @ Jan 27 2017, 03:39 PM)
The solid red one is for that retro LED beacon. And I'm pretty sure that other police departments of the time used it with the solid color as well. But I still think that Michigan State Police should have switched to some LED lightbar, when they couldn't get new ones anymore.

It became the tradition, because the beacon was brighter than anything else on the market, but now they are using the 'same' beacon retrofitted with LEDs, BECAUSE it became the tradition. rolleyes.gif It already looked awkward on the Charger, and the first generation was ordered only in slicktop version just for sure, but on the Interceptors it's downright silly. tongue.png

There is also a sheriff in Michigan using LED gumball lights on new cars, I'll show you the vid when I get home, Damn security blocks YouTube here mad.png .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jan 31 2017, 01:53 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

The city of Chelsea in MI used the RV-46 on their 1999 and 2002 CVPIs; but their later cars have the Whelen Liberty instead.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Feb 16 2017, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

My Canadian Provincial series has started! I will now be working only on agencies that police the roads in a particular province (apart from that request I just took). I hope to make pre-VEG-patch compatible traffic cars as well.

Here is the first car:

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Feb 25 2017, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Also, I'm making a new CVPI base out of Dodge Boy's (via a BoxCarRacer mod) and I want to have all 6 wheel types available. Does anyone know of an HS car with these wheels?

user posted image

I have the other 5 types (4 of them by Nils), but I can't find this one.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Mar 6 2017, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

The wheel types are currently in a separate file. They will be separate on release too (for the 01 - 11 model); it saves having to delete 20 wheels when you make a car tongue.png.

Here's a progress shot of the body. It now has body lines as well as parts and textures from Nils's CVPI. I also made a new grille texture for it.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 6 2017, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Mar 6 2017, 08:36 AM)
The wheel types are currently in a separate file. They will be separate on release too (for the 01 - 11 model); it saves having to delete 20 wheels when you make a car tongue.png.

Here's a progress shot of the body. It now has body lines as well as parts and textures from Nils's CVPI. I also made a new grille texture for it.

wink.png That what I think it is gonna be? If so don't forget they also had a black&white one with the Michigan State Police gumball and diffrent door decals used from the OLD era tongue.png. Might as well do both smile.png.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

How did you know? laugh.png

Actually the colours are coincidental; but I am going to do the two cars you mentioned happy.png.

I have decided to try making the hubcaps myself, by overlaying a textured disc on Nils's late-model steelies. The textures have been a bit problematic.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Code 4
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 159

I don't know if I have the same wheels in my mind but is this something you can use?

user posted image

Gr. Code 4

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Mar 8 2017, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Definitely! They aren't the same wheels I was talking about, but those wheels look a lot better than the original '98 steelies. If you could send them to me, that would be great happy.png. Just the HLFW and textures are needed wink.png.

By the way, before you release that Miami-Dade car, you might want to check out the StreetHawk I uploaded in the Member Bases section. It's based on Nils's, so it is more detailed than the old one you're using. It's better to have a detailed lightbar on a high-detail car wink.png.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Code 4
Posted: Mar 9 2017, 02:35 AM
Quote Post

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 159

You've got mail!

I will take a look at the lightbar for the Miami-Dade car.

Gr. Code 4

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Mar 10 2017, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

File received; thanks! happy.png

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 10 2017, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Mar 7 2017, 09:07 AM)
How did you know? laugh.png

Actually the colours are coincidental; but I am going to do the two cars you mentioned happy.png.

I have decided to try making the hubcaps myself, by overlaying a textured disc on Nils's late-model steelies. The textures have been a bit problematic.

The colors are what gave it away tongue.png . I think only RCMP had that scheme.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (12) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll