P

Pages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> PU/HP2/MW (2005)/C Louis' Garage
XJ220
Posted: Aug 26 2014, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 9

Nice details on the headrests!

The NFSPHQ skin though... imagine it in real-life. Would you really paint the bodylines in a different shade of blue? Looks strange to me.

Plus, the lettering looks a bit odd since it's absolutely horizontal, I'd rotate it to follow the car's shape.

Lastly, I think you should have enough free space to put in a high-res texture for the lettering. You're representing us all on that car wink.png

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Aug 26 2014, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Aug 26 2014, 09:48 AM)
Nice details on the headrests!

The NFSPHQ skin though... imagine it in real-life. Would you really paint the bodylines in a different shade of blue? Looks strange to me.

Plus, the lettering looks a bit odd since it's absolutely horizontal, I'd rotate it to follow the car's shape.

Lastly, I think you should have enough free space to put in a high-res texture for the lettering. You're representing us all on that car wink.png

Well yeah but however it doesn't exist real life so I went back & learned how to rotate textures using gimp. The scheme with the palette of the site layout kinda of sucked so I scrapped it & went back to all dark blue with the logo rotated. Plus I do things my way when it comes to making cars for NFS HP2 when it comes to making damage, even LOD parts, textures, etc. The one texture thing started when Serge decided this for his cars plus NFS HP2 ain't NFS HS when it comes to textures because of the fact I'm going by the way cars are by default in the game. Nils also I have begun doing the Statesman style front bumper without the fog lamps for the Caprice LS. Let know me when you have time for those wheels that I requested. I also forgot to mention I had to do away with the 3D tail lights on my projects since I don't do really high poly cars for this title since most of the cop cars on our site use high poly parts, most of the cars also don't have too many parts detached, no LODS, & damage off due to the fact using a different car's skeleton too. I used the TS50's as the base even though it only has one smoke bone & because of the fact it has a brakelight bone as well as 3 cop bones for the lights. About the Abu Dhabi Police Caprice LS it will reuse the same light bar that you made for HS, but the riot gear on the tail lights & front bumpers will be updated which is another reason why I made a textured tail light. And I also made some textures for the other LODS which are made of your original HS Caprice & my low traffic version modified though. One more reason for the use of the TS50's skeleton for my civilian Caprice also because of the brake discs too. BTW I did make a 3D LS badge for the Caprice LS & working on the Statesman/Caprice LS/LTZ/07-13 Royale/Veritas style front bumper.

Holden Caprice V NFS Edition revised

user posted image

Civilian/Abu Dhabi Police Chevrolet Caprice LS W.I.P.

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
XJ220
Posted: Aug 27 2014, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Why not just rotate the mapping? And where did I talk about the way HP2 cars are done?

Yeah I will get to those wheels around next week, I guess.

Do the tallights really raise the polycount that much? Even the HS version has somewhat 3D lights. The textures weren't really designed for plain meshes, I guess it would be good idea to use a photo texture instead. At least the riot gear will conceal my lame textures biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Sep 10 2014, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

After almost 2 months of hard work on the Caprice V & Caprice SS they are finally finished the final things now include importing the models into the car vivs, testing in the game, readmes, & then the release of these vehicles. These shots were taken in NFS Model Viewer which is the tool that allows the geometry for hot pursuit 2 to be viewed without playing the game. I had to remove the part of the ceiling that I made due to it being shown through the transparent moonroof so other wise its done & next will be to resume the Caprice LS with its textures mostly especially the license plate.

2010-2013 Holden WM Caprice V Series II

user posted image

2011-2013 Chevrolet Caprice SS

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Sep 11 2014, 03:31 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

That looks pretty nice smile.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Sep 12 2014, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Sep 11 2014, 07:31 AM)
That looks pretty nice smile.png

Thanks Nils & oh here's the engine bay & trunk space for the cars when their hoods & trunks open when there is damage to the vehicle.

Caprice Engine & Trunk Space

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Sep 12 2014, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Nice nice — I'd just use some gradients here and there to add a bit of depth to the texture wink.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Mar 23 2015, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

In addition to project caprice for hp2 & mw here is also a little side project that I have been working on a conversion of our NFS HS 8th generation 00-05 Impala 9C1/9C3 & my civilian base Impala Sedan based on Serge's original models that came out in 2003 & Nils' updated ones for High Stakes. The roof sign & textures are from MW's taxi but I modified the taxi textures to fit onto my misc textures made for this car. This will be released as a taxi cab, and traffic car replacements with options to replace one or the other based on it was designed to replace. Everything is not finished still got cleaning up to, more mapping, assigning parts to materials, more LOD parts to make the interiors, & wheels are left, and then finally test them out in the game as well as get the ride height & wheel positions just right for the models then lock them. These will be available as source files to the staff on how to make traffic cars for Most Wanted. Credits go to Dodge Boy aka Serge for the original, XJ220 aka Nils for the updated version, & EA for the taxi sign and textures from their traffic/challenge taxi.

00 Impala 9C6 Taxi/Base Impala Sedan MW Traffic Car replacements W.I.P.

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Have you tried mapping the decal directly onto the doors? The way it's now you couldn't even open the doors properly wink.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Mar 24 2015, 09:14 AM)
Have you tried mapping the decal directly onto the doors? The way it's now you couldn't even open the doors properly wink.png

It doesn't matter because unlike the cop cars Nils traffic cars like racer cars don't have similar damage which includes no doors that open either.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Mar 25 2015, 02:25 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

That wasn't my point - it simply looks unrealistic to cover the doors with a big sticker.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Mar 25 2015, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Mar 25 2015, 05:25 AM)
That wasn't my point - it simply looks unrealistic to cover the doors with a big sticker.

I thought of doing that Nils but the problem is it just won't work due to the fact that if I made a skin with that label then it would also affect the built in door moldings in mapping. Plus this is also how the original default taxi cab was too I also mimicked EA on that one too. With a car with removable door moldings like the CV then yes I would do that which I did do before you told me to halt the CV traffic taxi but in this case that will not work.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Mar 26 2015, 03:05 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

After all the work you've already put into this I am sure you can come up with a better solution than EA?! wink.png

GM themselves on their Impala demonstrator simply covered part of the door moldings with their stars & stripes design. Numerous real departments (including Philly) did the same.

Or you could simply divide the decal, placing parts of it above and below the molding.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Mar 26 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Mar 26 2015, 06:05 AM)
After all the work you've already put into this I am sure you can come up with a better solution than EA?! wink.png

GM themselves on their Impala demonstrator simply covered part of the door moldings with their stars & stripes design. Numerous real departments (including Philly) did the same.

Or you could simply divide the decal, placing parts of it above and below the molding.

Or I could redo the label on the doors for each LOD what do you think of that?

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Mar 27 2015, 04:16 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

lolwut? huh.png

@ Louis: Redo how exactly?

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll