P

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HS ColdWar mod
XJ220
Posted: Oct 14 2016, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 9

As far as GDR plates go, you'd likely want to go with 1 or 2 as that state has the lowest population-density in whole Germany as far as I know.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 14 2016, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Oct 14 2016, 09:51 AM)
Those look like high-detail bases. What's the poly count?

Maybe one day in the far future I might like to revamp a Lada 2107 base. I don't know why, but I like them. They were also sold new here, so sometimes I get to see old Ladas, usually Nivas biggrin.png.

By the way, they were always referred to as VAZs in their home market (but you probably knew that).

Also, how high-poly are those Volgas you posted earlier? I can imagine one of those in HP2 happy.png.

Do you mean the Volgas from 1959 (car and wagon)?

The Lada 2106 is low poly and even lower since I use my 40 poly wheels on the police versions, The Lada 2106 is by Arman and I got it from NFS Cars, I also used it to make a Polski Fiat 125P as it was made using the same body in real life with only moderate changes to it.:

user posted image

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 14 2016, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Oct 14 2016, 02:51 PM)
As far as GDR plates go, you'd likely want to go with 1 or 2 as that state has the lowest population-density in whole Germany as far as I know.

Ok..I was going to use 4 (Potsdam) cause I figured this town (Bad Belzig) suited what is in the track but maybe 11120 people is still kind of big for what the track has. tongue.png

I will make plates for district 1 & 2 though per your advice wink.png the plates is very easy for me to do BTW as I have a authentic guide to help me make them.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 15 2016, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

O_o I lived in (Bad) Belzig for some time. Brandenburg (the state it lies in) is quite rural, too, but Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is still more 'empty' happy.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 15 2016, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Oct 15 2016, 04:15 PM)
O_o I lived in (Bad) Belzig for some time. Brandenburg (the state it lies in) is quite rural, too, but Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is still more 'empty' happy.png

"O_o I lived in (Bad) Belzig for some time."

We know all,we see all,we hear all tongue.png. JK.

I also have a nice police chief's tunic from MVP, It's the old army green before they changed to blue and black ones. These just look better, DVP uniforms looks best though in my opinion, They just look more traditionally German to me.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 16 2016, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Lived there around 2008, so no connections to be made here wink.png

Eastern German uniforms are always flawed with being a (weird) mixture of wartime German designs and cold war Soviet influences. NO fan of 'em.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 17 2016, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Oct 16 2016, 06:04 PM)
Lived there around 2008, so no connections to be made here wink.png

Eastern German uniforms are always flawed with being a (weird) mixture of wartime German designs and cold war Soviet influences. NO fan of 'em.

I see what you mean on the NVA but police no, I like the police ones. Although getting these in my size is akin to pulling out your own teeth anistetic free ohmy.png . But I managed to get 2 sets. Only thing the police copied uniformwise from Soviets is the shirts..How they droop over the waist vs the tuckin most police use elsewhere. BOTH sides I found liked the furry hats in the Winter though tongue.png but I don't know if the West German have the pull down ear flaps like the East German ones have.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Oct 17 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

I saw a Lada 210(something) sedan coming back from Queenstown yesterday biggrin.png. I couldn't see which model it was, because it was a few cars ahead on the roundabout and I never saw the front. It was cream-coloured and in really good condition.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 18 2016, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Oct 17 2016, 08:10 PM)
I see what you mean on the NVA but police no, I like the police ones. Although getting these in my size is akin to pulling out your own teeth anistetic free  ohmy.png . But I managed to get 2 sets. Only thing the police copied uniformwise from Soviets is the shirts..How they droop over the waist vs the tuckin most police use elsewhere. BOTH sides I found liked the furry hats in the Winter though tongue.png but I don't know if the West German have the pull down ear flaps like the East German ones have.

It's the same with any of their uniforms. A weird mix of insignia from before and after the end of the 2nd World War. Rank insignia identical to that found in the Wehrmacht etc., yet combined with typical Soviet bits like Hammer & Sickle. Complete opposites.

At least in the German Federal Army, the winter cap does have ear flaps. Rumors have it both Germanies had rather similar climatic conditions.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll