P

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need for Speed, Confirmed as a reboot
CVPI19
Posted: May 21 2015, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Everyone yesterday EA announced that the next NFS title will be a reboot & not will pick up from previous titles as a sequel. This title will be simply be called Need for Speed and expect EA to make an announcement at E3 in June. EA is taking suggestions for this title like maybe we can get them to make sure the cops get more cars since the cops do return. In the trailer we get Crown Victorias chasing a Porsche 993 911 GT2 and another car.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ea-reboot...ters,29156.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ5nchDm6o

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
ahmad
Posted: May 22 2015, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

Well, I hope to see also Ford police interceptors and chevrolet caprice and another cop cars.

--------------------
Everything are here to stay....
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: May 22 2015, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

How... in the world... does EA really call it a 'reboot'? How?! Look at the past 20,000 NFS games. There's no story linking them, no iconic characters or setting. How can an NFS game be a reboot? About every game in the series could be considered a reboot. I am just glad they do not call it THE Need for Speed. As for the rest... I quite dislike the Speedhunters cars in Shift 2. And now they are 'defining the urban car culture' or whatever for NFS. Sounds great... no, it doesn't. I am somewhat underwhelmed so far.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: May 22 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Member No.: 42

Reboot? Looks more like Underground with cops to me. Aka Carbon. dry.png

So Most Wanted got remake, and now Carbon too? I know we already got Hot Pursuit and Rivals in past few years, so we can't really whine anymore, like back in the days of Shift, and ProStreet, or heavens forbid, (absolutely underwhelming) Undercover. But I really wish Need For Speed went precisely back to THE old days. International tracks, possibly international police. Nobody cares that it was more of domain of Test Drive, because lets face it, Test Drive 4 to 6 felt like someone's school project. And I am saying this as somebody who actually liked ph34r.png NFS 5 for PS1.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
  Posted: May 23 2015, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

But they listened to the fans!!!

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 24 2015, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

Who do we ask to make suggestions?

I agree with Dark One; international tracks and police would absolutely make the game (as long as gameplay was decent). Playable cops would make it even better, as long as the game doesn't feel like a demolition derby, like HP2010 and Rivals.

Older European sports cars would be nice to, as well as some Australian cars (the originals; NOT re-badged ones like the Vauxhall Monaro or Pontiac GTO).

Unfortunately the trailer looks a bit like Underground with a Porsche. Experience has taught me that I shouldn't have high hopes for anything that EA makes. I'm underwhelmed too.

I have no idea what 'reboot' means in this context. I guess we'll find out at E3.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: May 26 2015, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 2

I got bad news everyone no playable cops which sucks I hope if this game does well then we can have playable cops again one day in a future title.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
XJ220
Posted: May 26 2015, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Eh what? A game without playable cops does well and they will add them again in the next game? Because?

I'd hope it does bad, but it won't. Like Battlefield and CoD can not do bad - just because of their name.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: May 26 2015, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

Well if it underground it will sell like crazy . That what people have been asking for over 3 years now .So it will sell .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
ahmad
Posted: May 26 2015, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Wait, no be the cop mode, that's not funny.

I got to say, the fans of nfs mostly love underground than most wanted and carbon, because of it had included a more races, that's why they suggested for big variety of races and more types of cars and customizations.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 26 2015, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

No playable cops ... disappointing. Maybe they'll give the game a storyline. Then it will definitely do badly, like The Run, which was so bad they made a film based on it.

If the fans love Underground, Underground 2, MW, MW and Carbon so much, why don't they just play Underground, Underground 2, MW, MW and Carbon? Is five not enough?

They skipped a year for this? Surely an anniversary-themed game would be much better.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
AJ_Lethal
Posted: May 27 2015, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

VIP

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ May 26 2015, 04:24 PM)
If the fans love Underground, Underground 2, MW, MW and Carbon so much, why don't they just play Underground, Underground 2, MW, MW and Carbon? Is five not enough?

Classic fans got bones thrown at with HP'10 and Rivals.

People in general have been clamoring for a UG sequel for years... it would be stupid from EA if they didn't didn't throw a bone at them.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 29 2015, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I have just found information that could cause this game to do badly!

Today EA has announced that the new Need for Speed must be connected to the internet in order to work! After all, that worked so well in SimCity. Has EA learnt nothing from past mistakes? Of course not, because that would be sensible!

What's more, they're giving the game a storyline! Also, the open world is always set at night.

Maybe there is a chance that it won't do well.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
ahmad
Posted: Jun 4 2015, 12:49 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

But it's very excellent to see the big map than previous games as I am very interested about the city at the night time cuz I play nfs carbon and the lights are gold shining the city streets.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jun 4 2015, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

No cops no sells . If you look a there sell back .All the games that did not come with cops that you could not play .Thy all flopped . NFS Most Wanted was the best one that did not have cops you could not have play .But you could edit the cars. That why .This will be a flop .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll