P

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> No NFS title will be released this year, The next title will be released in 2015
CVPI19
Posted: May 9 2014, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Everyone I have bad news as of Tuesday its been confirmed that the next NFS will be delayed until next year. Again Ghost Games will be the one to make the next title once again.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/06/nee...leasing-in-2014

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
XJ220
Posted: May 10 2014, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

Bad news? Depends on what the next NFS is going to be like. One year more time should be good news wink.png

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: May 13 2014, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ May 10 2014, 10:31 AM)
Bad news? Depends on what the next NFS is going to be like. One year more time should be good news wink.png

The reason why I said bad news Nils because I was looking forward to seeing what EA has for NFS' 20th anniversary I would love to see awesome game that celebrates the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: May 14 2014, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

I totally understand smile.png

I don't understand EA's way of treating its brands. Command & Conquer received quite some attention when it turned ten years old. NFS did not.

Have you seen the celebration trailer for NFS' birthday? They used custom footage for HS' PC version with a downloaded Murciélago biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: May 14 2014, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ May 14 2014, 10:19 AM)
I totally understand smile.png

I don't understand EA's way of treating its brands. Command & Conquer received quite some attention when it turned ten years old. NFS did not.

Have you seen the celebration trailer for NFS' birthday? They used custom footage for HS' PC version with a downloaded Murciélago biggrin.png

Do you mean this Nils? Also footage from the Playstation version of High Stakes can be seen in this video as well along with footage from the Playstation 2 version of Hot Pursuit 2 along with footage from the Gamecube/Xbox/PC version of Hot Pursuit 2 in the mix. I seen the PC version of High Stakes' footage but it was awesome they threw in PS1 version footage the same with Hot Pursuit 2.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: May 14 2014, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Yup that's the one I was talking about. Look at 0:22 and see a Murciélago in HS biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: May 14 2014, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

They sent me a email and said they want input on what to do in the next game..Maybe they'll FINALLY listen and make a game simular to HighStakes with international locales and be the cop mode. wink.png

We can only hope they finally get it right in 2015.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: May 14 2014, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ May 15 2014, 02:07 AM)
Yup that's the one I was talking about. Look at 0:22 and see a Murciélago in HS biggrin.png

Saw it. Are they using mod sites like us and NFS Cars? I know Sinister kept in contact with them right before he left NFS Cars and on ND4SPD World they occasionally interview EA staff.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: May 15 2014, 05:37 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

I suppose they took footage from external sources. Can TNFS even be run today? Do you think EA has old machines just for this purpose? I don't.

And they sent you an e-mail? Are you registered with their official forums?

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: May 17 2014, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ May 15 2014, 01:37 PM)
I suppose they took footage from external sources. Can TNFS even be run today? Do you think EA has old machines just for this purpose? I don't.

And they sent you an e-mail? Are you registered with their official forums?

Yeah..I think they sent it to all Autolog members and Playstation club members.
biggrin.png

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 20 2014, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

I saw the trailer. The first 27 seconds are very nostalgic. I don't know why they have a Murciélago in HS, though, because it wasn't in the original game. Snowy Ridge is one of my favourite tracks, along with Dolphin Cove and Landstrasse.

I think it's bad news that no NFS title will be released in it's 20th year. Still, it means that they have another whole year to work on it (either that or they started a year late).

They sent you an e-mail? That is an awesome privilege! I'm on Autolog and I didn't get one.
I too think it would be awesome to have international locations like Germany, UK, France, Italy, Austria, Romania, Canada, Japan and Australia, with local police chatter like they had in the PSX version of HS.
New Zealand is a beautiful country to drive in, but the police here don't have anything more interesting than the latest Commodore SV6s, even though Evos and WRXs are roughly the same price. Romania has cars like M5, M3, Evo, XFR, 911 etc. Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgneZ75H9OA

I think it would be nice if they had every car from the first six games (possibly including the El Niño), with some locations based on old tracks.

Overall, I just think it would be lovely to have a new game similar to HS. Let's hope that they get it right next year.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: May 21 2014, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

EA uses someone else's footage which happens to include a non-original Murciélago because they're lazy tongue.png

Okay, I like HP2010 and Rivals so I'd say it's getting better, plus I enjoy Shift although it's nothing like the first games, but I would never expect anything like HS again. Since Underground 2, they have been going for a single open world with free roam instead of separated tracks, so unless they're going to include a huge map the likes of Euro Truck Simulator so you can have both different countries and a coherent map, I doubt we'll see anything but US-style locations. At least both HP2010 and Rivals have a nice world with very varied conditions – snow/ice, desert, forest... just needs an urban area with much traffic.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 5 2014, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I agree, they probably just took random snippets off YouTube without knowing anything about the games. Either that or they were trying to advertise mods.

I don't have Shift but I do have Shift 2, and I like it. HP2010 was okay, but none of the newer games have a similar feel. HS is the most-played NFS game in my collection.

Open-world maps are good, but it is possible to have more than one. Look at Mercedes-Benz World Racing, For example. It has 7 open areas which are quite large. The US-style location is probably the most over-done feature in the history of racing games.

I don't know why NFS is being neglected by EA. It's the 20th anniversary and they've only just decided to do something about it, and all we get is a video. By comparison, SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog game series had a 10th anniversary feature in that year's game: a remake of the first level of the first game. The 20th anniversary in 2011 had a game that revolved around remakes of levels from past games. It was a very short game (it takes around 1.5 hours to complete the story), but it's better than a 1-minute video. Last year's release had even more nods to the past. The series still has its bad points, though, like everything.

I think EA needs to get their act together and release a nostalgic game.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

EA's behaviour makes even less sense when you take Command & Conquer into consideration. Both series are part of EA Games now, yet CnC had its special 1st decade edition which included updated versions of the first titles like Tiberian Dawn to run on modern systems. And the first three games including their extensions are available for free directly through EA. Yes, EA is giving (old) games away for free like Rockstar does with GTA(2). Plus C&C 3's add-on Kane's Wrath built a very nice bridge between the two older Tiberium related games and the new title. And they didn't even 'invent' C&C but got it through buying Westwood Studios while NFS has always been an EA brand.

So, they're definitely capable of delivering content that recognizes the roots of a series, but in the case of NFS, they do not seem to want to. Unless next year's NFS will be an ultra super awesome hybrid of MBWR and Rivals including customization and racing tracks or something along these lines.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 8 2014, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Unless next year's NFS will be an ultra super awesome hybrid of MBWR and Rivals including customization and racing tracks or something along these lines.

That sounds like a good idea to me; as long as they get the international police liveries and sirens right.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll