P

Pages: (18) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> About paint schemes, bland ones and the cool designs, Moved posts from somewhere else
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 01:54 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

The retro bug seems to be contagious. The Repentigny Police Service in Québec has just painted a new Charger in their old livery for their 60th anniversary this year.

This is one of their old cars:

user posted image

... And this is the new Charger:

user posted image

user posted image

They even used the same door number as the old car!

Their normal livery looks really good too:

user posted image

It would be cool if the NZ police did that. If they copied the RCMP and did two retro liveries, the first would be a plain grey car with a red Hella beacon (the 70s) and the second would be a plain white car with two blue FedSig beacons in a makeshift VisiBar setup (the 80s), unless they went the extra mile and got real VisiBars laugh.png. For the lighting, I don't think they'd go that far; they'd probably just put the old light patterns on their new Code 3 X2100s.

Sadly, they're not really interested in that sort of thing dry.png.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

As for the Holden, I would prefer myself if they went Buick, rather than becoming just another Vauxhall, but it can't be helped. At least GM didn't axed it, like they did with Pontiac and SAAB. dry.png

As for the Charger, that white stripe would look better if it was higher, like on the Caprice. But the straight line doesn't work well with the Charger design in the first place. It's still nice to see they are putting some effort into it though.

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Jan 12 2017, 04:00 PM)
mellow.png  huh.png  Did I miss something here? The Bavaria police are missing the trademark black/red/gold bull'seye cockade that goes on their visor hats..I guess they nixed that thing too dry.png BUT that was what made German police visor hats unique sad.png .

That's Bavaria you are talking about. I'm pretty sure they didn't had the cockade on their hats with the green uniform either, just the star.

So to speak, here is the reportage about the switch from green to blue in Bavaria.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Feb 7 2017, 01:50 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I do wonder if the NZ Police will use the new Commodore. I heard that BMW put in the lowest tender price a few years ago for a 5-series fleet, but the police thought that the public wouldn't like them, so they stuck with Holden huh.png. I certainly would never have guessed that BMWs would be cheaper than Holdens!

Then again, I'm kinda biased because I like European cars biggrin.png. It would be awesome to see the police using them; after all, the ambulances are mostly Mercedes-Benzes and the fire engines are generally Ivecos and Scanias!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Feb 7 2017, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

For me I wish they'd stick to lightbars, This new LED crap is just not as nice looking, They love them though cause it's almost invisible and they can sneak up on ya tongue.png. laugh.png .

Give me a good ole VisiBar,AeroDynic,TwinSonic,Whelen 8000,Whelen Edge 9000,JetSonic,Smith&Wesson,Code 3 MX7000,or Code 3 LoPro any ole day biggrin.png wink.png.

For German things Hella RTK series 1-6 .

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Feb 9 2017, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

You'll like this, then:

I just found it a few minutes ago. I don't like the "rotating" imitation much, but it's a cool idea.

I don't much like the clear LED lightbars either; they make it a bit hard to know the lightbars colours when making mods tongue.png. I also think that coloured lenses increase visibility. If the police are giving their cars bright, reflective markings to increase visibility, why not have coloured lightbars? I think it's really cool that the NYSP still uses them biggrin.png.

By the way, a detective TV series was made in New Zealand recently; a couple of the prop cars used LP6000s happy.png, even though they were late models.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Feb 9 2017, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Member No.: 229

Cool idea for sure. I have personally always liked clear light bars... not sure why though. maybe its because they just look very modern. LED lightbars in general are cool and although I do like this idea something just does not seem right.

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
Dark One
Posted: Feb 12 2017, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Interesting. For a moment I thought that they are Canadian agency too. laugh.png

As for the 'rotating' LEDs, it's not as impressive as Vision SLR, but the price will definitely be elsewhere. wink.png
And here in Europe we already have the experience with moving LED light thanks to French legislature.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 01:43 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

And it's here! The new purpose-built police special, that our dear police president was talking about, is finally here! laugh.png

Well, actually it's just Czech BMW doing the same thing as the other dealerships around the world, and lending these cars to the police for free as part of self-promotion. cool.png

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

It seems that Vošický heard my previous rants, and strikes back. So there will be even more variety... And I will have to deal with his smug mug for a while... Because the next patrol car of the national police will become the Hyundai Tucson. Eight hundreds of them! wacko.gif

Ironically enough, the initial selection was for six hundreds of sedan, hatchback and/or combi patrol cars. But when Hyundai outbid Skoda by offering the Tucson with 70% discount, it not only blown Skoda out of the water, but police presidium decided to actually make use of it, and ordered two hundred more. dry.png

I am afraid that this pretty much killed any plans that our police president might have had with the so called "police special", unless Skoda can come up with something like offering the Superb for the price of Fabia, or whatever... sleep.png

For Hyundai it was quite bold move though. While they are now facing the lawsuit filed by Skoda, for offering the unspecified vehicle, for what is clearly a dumping price, contract got signed already, and now we will see these cars everywhere. Not to mention that Vošický killed two birds with one stone, because while the Tucson will be initially replacing the Octavia patrol cars bought in the past ten years, it will also become strong argument against any potential purchase of new Skoda SUVs in the near future. mad.png

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I've driven a brand-new Tucson, they're actually pretty good. It was only a short drive, so I didn't have a chance to get used to it (and it was part of an advanced driving course so I wasn't concentrating on the car); but first impressions were good.

At least the Czech police are being thrifty with public money. As I mentioned earlier, BMW recently offered the NZ Police a lower tender than Holden, but the police stayed with Holden anyway, even though they're not really great cars. I guess they'll have no choice next time biggrin.png, unless "Holden"(Opel) offers an even lower price.

Then again, Since Opel and Vauxhall are about to be sold to PSA, I wonder what will become of the 2018 Commodore (and the Astra and Insignia), since Opel designed and built them?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Tucson is a swan in comparison to the ugly duckling that was the ix35, but I'm still mad that Vošický just keep getting away with being pain in the ass. dry.png

Skoda still have all the right to contest that contract. Not that it will help them in any way, except that Hyundai would get a nice fine imposed on them. tongue.png

And for Hyundai it was purely marketing move. Matter of prestige. Not only they are replacing the Skoda as main police car on the home market, they also literally make sure that Skoda won't get any chance to offer their new SUVs to the national police anytime soon.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: May 10 2017, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

You've already heard from me about the BMW i3 lend to the police for six months long promotion. But there is actually eleven of them, and not all these ended up with the national police.

What is definitely going to end up in the national police though, is this BMW i8 supercar, that was loaned to the traffic police service in South Moravia, and will be actually seen on the highways down there for the rest of this year. Now, that's what I call promotion. happy.png

user posted image

On related matter, it seems that CHP got cured from the SUV fad, as they decided to not renew their contract with Ford, and all new patrol cars this year are going to be Dodge Chargers. cool.png

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 10 2017, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Awesome! Pity they're only getting it for six months dry.png.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Jun 18 2017, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Actually, they didn't have it even for a month. 30th of May, the police BMW i8 got into accident, after leaving the road, hitting a tree, and ending up in near pond. Driver was hospitalized after suffering a stroke, but along with him was taken to the hospital also high ranking official of the presidential protocol. And this 'bashaw ride' was actually approved by the regional director of police. dry.png

It's pity though. Now it's the time of police days all around the country, and the supercar won't be there. mad.png And even if they will by able to put it back on the road by the end of this year, they still won't have it for long enough to show up next summer. It will be small miracle, if they would have it ready for the NATO days in September. sleep.png

But to not be all negative all the time, fire brigade at the Prague Airport of Vaclav Havel just got new Panther crash tenders, and they were delivered in familiar airport yellow, rater than the standard fire red.

And the municipal police of the capital city of Prague was actually present at the IDET military and security fair this year, showing their newest vehicles (namely Ford Rangers for K9 and river police, Hyundai Tucsons for remote locations, and pair of Sprinters for K9 and horse unit) in celebration of the 25 years of their existence.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 19 2017, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

That's embarrassing. I hope the driver recovers from his stroke. From what I've read, that's what caused the accident, is that right?

Interesting municipal vehicles there. One thing intrigues me: how many remote areas can there be in Prague? I'm guessing that the region's borders go a fair way beyond the city?

Actually there's another thing that intrigues me: I find it interesting that the term "K-9" is used over there; since it's a play on words that only works in English tongue.png. In fact, we don't even use that term here, even though NZ is a majority English-speaking country. We call them "Dog Units".

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (18) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll