P

Pages: (12) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Max's HS Garage (2017 on)
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jul 18 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 6

Thy may post it at there shows thy have . At the fairs . wink.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jul 18 2017, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jul 17 2017, 05:50 AM)
I did lots more work on the M-Body today; I spent almost the whole day on it. The joys of free time!

The body lines are now finished and I am now applying the new texture file biggrin.png. I also got a new texture for the rear lights.

biggrin.png Beautiful. You want also to do the K series (Plymouth Reliant,etc.) ? These was the rare police cars.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jul 23 2017, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

I'm not sure about that; because as I said, I can't scratch-build cars yet.

Here's the latest M-Body progress report. The whole car is almost finished; I just need to make the ODL, nameplates and two other front seat types, then I'll make the different models and years. I even did the normals myself biggrin.png; although I still can't do them in Zmodeler, so I used FCE Finish.

You might notice that the grille has transparent gaps using alpha-channel, to allow for lights behind the grille. I also made the holes in the steel wheels transparent, to make it look more realistic. The car's current poly count is 2935 with the steel wheels and 2887 with the hubcaps.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jul 23 2017, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

Wow .Sweet dude . wink.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
MNaeemi777
Posted: Jul 23 2017, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 259

That's cool! smile.png

--------------------
Best Regards, MNaeemi777 - NFS Police H.Q. Staff
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 1 2017, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I am pleased to announce that the M-Body is now finished! biggrin.png

Each variant comes with the steel wheels and the hubcaps, so you can select which wheels you want. Each variant has a different interior, because I thought it would be easier than including every possible seat option. I also gave them different colours, to make it easier to get the interior colour you need. The cars are identical, so it's easy to swap interiors and textures around.

Only the outer headlights have dummies and ODL, because the inner headlights aren't lit up in any of the pictures I saw. They might be fog lights or possibly high-beam-only. Some agencies turned them into coloured flashers.

Credits go to Dodge Boy for the original, Frank Wahl for some of the ODL textures and Louis for the low-poly Caprice PPV wheels, which I modified into the two M-Body wheel types.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 1 2017, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

The car also has a rear plate ODL and includes a set plate texture (which will make the ODL easier to use). The front plate and side trim are optional. Only 1986+ models had the third brake light.

I should mention that a few details on the sides are textured instead of modelled, because they didn't really need it. They don't look out of place, though; I made sure of that wink.png.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

I made this editing the Diplomat (since police stripped off fancy tags saying Caravelle it was easy, Just edit the grill a bit.)
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Nice! Saves me the trouble of doing it happy.png. Also, thanks for reminding me -- I have so far forgotten to upload the new base, which includes a Caravelle ph34r.png. If you like, I can also send you a Caravelle with the right lightbar attached (also, don't forget the unit number on the roof).

I'm still trying to decide where to upload the base. I'd like to put it in the Member Bases section, since it has several good lightbars but no easy-to-use cars.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Aug 30 2017, 01:58 AM)
Nice! Saves me the trouble of doing it happy.png. Also, thanks for reminding me -- I have so far forgotten to upload the new base, which includes a Caravelle ph34r.png. If you like, I can also send you a Caravelle with the right lightbar attached (also, don't forget the unit number on the roof).

I'm still trying to decide where to upload the base. I'd like to put it in the Member Bases section, since it has several good lightbars but no easy-to-use cars.

Sure, Got my email right? Or you might be able to stick them in a PM, Don't know. I think the lightbar is correct though, It's Frank's from his RCMP car,Same I used on the 1990 SDQ Caprice though since the Caravelle isn't a widebody I had to sinch the edges to make it fit right on the roof, Looking at pics I don't think they had roof numbers on these Caravelles like they did older cars., I'll keep looking.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Don't worry, I have a picture:

user posted image

I've had the high-res version of that picture for a while, because I liked it so much. I actually used it as a reference when making the new base (and when making the Dominion lightbar). It shows the car's roof reasonably well.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Forgot to tell ya, Don't bother trying to better the normals in FCE Finish 2, I tried and even though it helped on the hood stars it made the back sides and trunk look odd and I had to add new normals to fix that and even then the result wasn't the same as before looked so I scrapped that and went with the CHP base as is to make other police cars.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 30 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I did the original normals using Oleg M's recommended method -- detaching various parts of the car body to get the desired result -- except I used FCE Finish for the actual calculations. I tried to get it as accurate as I could, but I can't do normals any other way; so if some of the normals aren't accurate, I'm afraid I can't do much about that sad.png.

Anyway, did you get the Caravelle I sent? It should only need mapping to complete it. If you're looking for a good flash pattern, I can recommend the setup that Frank put on his RCMP LTD. It's about as accurate as HS Dummies can get; I used the same pattern for my RNC LTD-S wink.png.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 31 2017, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Aug 30 2017, 10:47 PM)
I did the original normals using Oleg M's recommended method -- detaching various parts of the car body to get the desired result -- except I used FCE Finish for the actual calculations. I tried to get it as accurate as I could, but I can't do normals any other way; so if some of the normals aren't accurate, I'm afraid I can't do much about that sad.png.

Anyway, did you get the Caravelle I sent? It should only need mapping to complete it. If you're looking for a good flash pattern, I can recommend the setup that Frank put on his RCMP LTD. It's about as accurate as HS Dummies can get; I used the same pattern for my RNC LTD-S wink.png.

I got it finally, I'd checked last night and even though you sent it it seems there was some delay on me getting it, I finally got it today, I noticed your Dominion lightbar is made diffrent from Frank's version, Your's has more accurate footies so I'll remap and use your Caravelle to make this car smile.png.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 31 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

That version of the Dominion is available here. I have also started work on another Caravelle that uses a Dominion. More details will come later wink.png.

PS: Did you spot the roof number on the above-pictured car?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (12) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll