P

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Atlantica/Empire City 2008 CVPI [HS]
Southpaw217
Posted: Mar 29 2018, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 351

Keep on the tip, and split 'Pol' and 'ice' around the ford badge, like so: https://www.flickr.com/photos/taffydog06/56...ool-701041@N21/

also it looks fantastic. thanks for still being interested in modding this old game.

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Mar 29 2018, 08:03 PM)
Looks cool happy.png. I think I'll have a go when I get some free time; I'm already forming ideas. I can see a problem, though; an NFS car can only have 16 lights, so it will have to be a choice between deck lights and flashing taillights -- unless you want to sacrifice something else. When I make a model, my light hierarchy is: Lightbar > car lights > extras. I like to make my cars as accurate as possible.

An annoying limitation for me is that a headlight can be programmed to flash, but a taillight can't dry.png.

right, so I'm assuming we're referring to the Atlantica unit I had in mind? If so: yes, drop the deck lights and keep the flashing tailights.

This post has been edited by CVPI19 on Mar 29 2018, 07:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 29 2018, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Southpaw217 @ Mar 30 2018, 03:30 AM)
Keep on the tip, and split 'Pol' and 'ice' around the ford badge, like so: https://www.flickr.com/photos/taffydog06/56...ool-701041@N21/

also it looks fantastic. thanks for still being interested in modding this old game.

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Mar 29 2018, 08:03 PM)
Looks cool happy.png. I think I'll have a go when I get some free time; I'm already forming ideas. I can see a problem, though; an NFS car can only have 16 lights, so it will have to be a choice between deck lights and flashing taillights -- unless you want to sacrifice something else. When I make a model, my light hierarchy is: Lightbar > car lights > extras. I like to make my cars as accurate as possible.

An annoying limitation for me is that a headlight can be programmed to flash, but a taillight can't dry.png.

right, so I'm assuming we're referring to the Atlantica unit I had in mind? If so: yes, drop the deck lights and keep the flashing tailights.

Good news, We get tonight off (though I wasted a trip and gas going in sad.png ) We don't go back to work til Sunday night per Good Friday-Easter break biggrin.png, so I'll have a go at the rest of this on the car. Splitting POL ICE is easy biggrin.png.

I've chosen THIS car to pull the lightbar from since it looks great and is most detailed compared to the others I have in my parts bin.
user posted image

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MNaeemi777
Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 259

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Mar 30 2018, 12:57 AM)
user posted image

The car skin looks like cop cars of Iran.
user posted image

--------------------
Best Regards, MNaeemi777 - NFS Police H.Q. Staff
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 12:51 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (MNaeemi777 @ Mar 30 2018, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Mar 30 2018, 12:57 AM)
user posted image

The car skin looks like cop cars of Iran.
user posted image

Ah, funny you mention that, I plan on doing a Iran police car one day, I also have some DPRK cruisers in the works (they might get me/us hate mail when released) but oh well, Just cause I like a certain police cruiser don't mean I support a bad government sleep.png .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

I finally know what an Iranian police car looks like happy.png. They remind me of Chilean police cars.

By the way, Paul, that lightbar is massively high-poly (over 2000 I think), so you might be better off using Nils's version. I was going to edit it to make it more detailed, but I never got around to it. Since both requests are supposed to have Vectors, I might do that first. I made a minor edit for the Philadelphia PD 1997 CVPI; you can use that if you want.

Also, the CVPI base only has 7 essential lights, so there's room for 9 extras (or 10 if you delete the third brake light). And you can probably remove the hubcap texture from the TGA.

You don't mind if I make my own versions of these cars, do you? I'm quite interested in the ideas (and two are better than one, right?)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Mar 30 2018, 09:15 AM)
I finally know what an Iranian police car looks like happy.png. They remind me of Chilean police cars.

By the way, Paul, that lightbar is massively high-poly (over 2000 I think), so you might be better off using Nils's version. I was going to edit it to make it more detailed, but I never got around to it. Since  both requests are supposed to have Vectors, I might do that first. I made a minor edit for the Philadelphia PD 1997 CVPI; you can use that if you want.

Also, the CVPI base only has 7 essential lights, so there's room for 9 extras (or 10 if you delete the third brake light). And you can probably remove the hubcap texture from the TGA.

You don't mind if I make my own versions of these cars, do you? I'm quite interested in the ideas (and two are better than one, right?)

Sure, Gohead..

My version on ECPD has 6 lights for the Vector (as the center is rarely used on these) and the rear deck lights lit, I deleted the brake light already and switched the tail lights to brake lights (never figured out why people likes to make just 1 brake light on bases laugh.png )

Poly count so far on mine is 7585, Adding the LapTop to this might push it to 8000+ but not much more, I also put a nice cage into it too. biggrin.png .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MNaeemi777
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 259

QUOTE (Paul Spain)
(they might get me/us hate mail when released) but oh well, Just cause I like a certain police cruiser don't mean I support a bad government .

Yea, I'm Iranian myself and that's why I had never made Iranian cop car.

--------------------
Best Regards, MNaeemi777 - NFS Police H.Q. Staff
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

I had a look at the car you mentioned Max, I think (and it's more accurate based on the shape of the rotators this lightbar has) I could slap the insides onto that Vector of Nils's and then cut off the round rotators it has on there already and put on the base plate the rotators from your StreetHawk. wink.png .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Ok, Seems Max has put good enough rotators into that modded Vector, So I used those happy.png , I added the LapTop,cage,pushbar,and antennas as per requested. Lastly I gave it some plates and also decided to use Chris's DashMiser textures on those rear deck lights to make them even better biggrin.png. Car stands at 5258 polys now.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I decided to give it yellow plates to contrast all the blue we got going here tongue.png. If you want them another color you can change them to what ever, I made the plate space on the TGA a bit bigger than before to make that easy.

Let me know what you think of it wink.png .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Southpaw217
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Hardcore! I love it! Will be testing it out later. Do you mind if I tweak the fedata to be in A Class?
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (Southpaw217 @ Mar 31 2018, 12:51 AM)
Hardcore! I love it! Will be testing it out later. Do you mind if I tweak the fedata to be in A Class?

Do as you will happy.png . Your car after all wink.png .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Mar 31 2018, 01:06 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Mar 30 2018, 10:49 PM)
... never figured out why people like to make just 1 brake light on bases ...

That's because taillights function as brake lights; they get brighter when you put the brakes on. Brake light dummies are only needed for lights that only function as brake lights.

The car looks really good now happy.png. The poly count is low if you consider all the equipment.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Southpaw217
Posted: Mar 31 2018, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

hmmm

Well, I d/l'd the attached file and it seems like the antennae, pushbumper, hood, and plates edit didn't get saved? Could you reattach those or was that deliberately left off as a design choice? Looks pretty good otherwise.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 31 2018, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (Southpaw217 @ Mar 31 2018, 08:40 PM)
hmmm

Well, I d/l'd the attached file and it seems like the antennae, pushbumper, hood, and plates edit didn't get saved? Could you reattach those or was that deliberately left off as a design choice? Looks pretty good otherwise.

huh.png Odd, but I'll have a look at it and see.

rolleyes.gif Seems I accidentally posted the backup version, Now have a go, I changed it to the FINAL version. wink.png . Sorry bout that.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Mar 31 2018, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Chris wants to post the car so I'll take it off of here and put it on the main site, Do you like it? Or see more that can be done?

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll