P

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Should I get Windows 10?
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Ok this new PC keeps nagging me to get Windows 10..It pops up all the time and I have to keep Xing that message out..Well should I get 10? I don't know if it'll work with NFS HighStakes and Emergency 4..(I'm looking on Google now to see if it does).

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 02:38 AM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

I wouldn't recommend it. My brother is more into computers than I am; and he says Windows 8.1 (which he hates, compared to 7) is still better than 10. It's probably not free anymore, so I'd say it's best to stick with what you've got. I haven't upgraded my laptop to 10. I would only get it if I got a brand new computer that doesn't have an OS yet, although I'm even questioning that.

I have used 10 quite often on other computers and 7 is still better. Apparently, hard-core gamers often take 8 off their super-high-spec PCs and put 7 on.

Compatibility shouldn't be too different from 7; I put Zmodeler on a flash drive and used it on 10.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jun 20 2016, 10:38 AM)
I wouldn't recommend it. My brother is more into computers than I am; and he says Windows 8.1 (which he hates, compared to 7) is still better than 10. It's probably not free anymore, so I'd say it's best to stick with what you've got. I haven't upgraded my laptop to 10. I would only get it if I got a brand new computer that doesn't have an OS yet, although I'm even questioning that.

I have used 10 quite often on other computers and 7 is still better. Apparently, hard-core gamers often take 8 off their super-high-spec PCs and put 7 on.

Compatibility shouldn't be too different from 7; I put Zmodeler on a flash drive and used it on 10.

I don't know about NZ but here it is still free til July 29. what gets annoying about it all is the message thing kind of takes over after a bit..when I go to work or to sleep and then come back to pick up where I've left off on things I notice it poped up and my tabs on Chrome all CLOSED dry.png mad.png So damned annoying..I found it's process in Task Manager and terminated and blocked it so now it'll finally stop that. I knew it was that cause the very first thing I do when I get a new PC or gently used "new to me" one..Is to go in POWER and disable sleep and hybernate so I can just leave it B while away and come back later and pick up where I left off on things.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

Remove and disable update #3035583

I personally will not switch to 10 or anything else before support for 7 ends.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Jun 20 2016, 03:11 PM)
Remove and disable update #3035583

I personally will not switch to 10 or anything else before support for 7 ends.

Oh yeah, another thing I do (forgot to mention) I disable the auto update thing since another German pal of mine had issues with them and told me about them on MSN Messenger long ago before Skype wink.png You can see I been disabling those for years now laugh.png .

I looked and my PC had the one you mention though because it was installed long before it was sold so I'm removing that now.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

8/8.1 are fine its just getting used to same almost applies to vista windows 10.... it is a GREAT OS! but.... there are some problems
1. Privacy- Make sure if you get windows 10 to turn off cortana and go into your privacy settings so Microsoft cant get your info
2. getting used to windows 10- windows 10 is different then any other MS OS it will take some getting used to.

personal verdict... YES and NO! what I would recommend is get it you have 30 days to revert back to your last OS IE 7, 8, 8.1 so try it out if you like it keep it if you dont MAKE SURE you dont wait and get back to your old OS!

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
AJ_Lethal
Posted: Jun 22 2016, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

VIP

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

I don't reccomend upgrading to 10 via Windows Update if your current Windows installation is old, since there might be broken files/configuration that might rear their ugly head once Windows 10 is installed (running CHECKSUR (or DISM in Windows 8) and sfc /scannow might mitigate some of that, tho); clean install using W7/8/8.1 key (until June 29) is preferable.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jun 22 2016, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

NO.My bro said don't do it unless you are starting a new computer . It did it on it own on my computer and it freaked me out . So I hit no and it went back to windows 7 .But it will do it on it own if you don't watch out . Big Warning .You my have to rebuild your computer if thing don't work out right . My Bro father in law had to do that and he lost everything .I thank the goverment is behind this win 10 . Why would thy be giving it out for free and now forcing it on pc .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 22 2016, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

All in all I think I'll stick with 7 as it seems to be the most game friendly..No worries about my PC deciding for me..I removed the nagging thing,blocked ALL updates from downloading/installing and finally disabled Windows update thing so no worries now wink.png . It no longer nags nor does it randomly shut down my Chrome like it used to before.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 23 2016, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

So you install Windows Updates manually, I suppose? I do the same.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Jun 23 2016, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (NFS Police Force @ Jun 22 2016, 04:03 PM)
NO.My bro said don't do it unless you are starting a new computer . It did it on it own on my computer and it freaked me out . So I hit no and it went back to windows 7 .But it will do it on it own if you don't watch out . Big Warning .You my have to rebuild your computer if thing don't work out right . My Bro father in law had to do that and he lost everything .I thank the goverment is behind this win 10 . Why would thy be giving it out for free and now forcing it on pc .

Chris its not the government that is behind this its Microsoft themselves the US government has nothing to do this I also get this message too. Even my uncle who is a computer tech is against this too but I do want to get 10 one day since it has Xbox Live which replaces games for windows live completely.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jun 24 2016, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

It up to you . I am not going to get it . Unless I get a new computer .Most older games will not work on windows 10 from what I have heard .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 24 2016, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Jun 23 2016, 03:12 PM)
So you install Windows Updates manually, I suppose? I do the same.

Sometimes but I rarely do..I don't jump at every little update that comes out..I only get one if I find a game or webbrowser requires it.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 25 2016, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Um, okaaay. Not like they were important for keeping your system safe or something tongue.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 25 2016, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Jun 25 2016, 12:11 PM)
Um, okaaay. Not like they were important for keeping your system safe or something tongue.png

Most aren't wink.png . I have Advanced System Care for that..A high end PC maintenance program with it's own antivirus.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll