P

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hello Again!
BoxCarRacer
Posted: May 25 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 243

Hi all! Looks like I stumbled back to this site again!

I'm BoxCarRacer from back in the days of Pursuit Inc/PCC/CCC/HSHP. I was chatting with some coworkers recently about things we liked and did back when we were kids and we started talking about video games. Then NFSHS came up and the first thing I thought of was the awesome police car community. We started browsing the internet for some pictures of the cars I made and this site popped up. I'm suprised that there is still interest in this game and that so many of our cars from back then are still readily available! Makes me want to install the game again biggrin.png

How's everyone doing these days?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
BrabusAMG
Posted: May 25 2016, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

Hello BoxCarRacer,

Yes there is still plenty of interest in these old games. I just started making cars at the beginning of the year. I'm focussing on police agencies that not many people make cars for. I'm also modifying some low-poly lightbars and giving them low-poly interiors, so one can have traffic replacement vehicles with high detail.

It looks like we still don't have the vehicles displayed in your signature. We always have room for more Canadian cars, especially high-detail ones like yours wink.png.

HS is still a fun game biggrin.png.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BoxCarRacer
Posted: May 25 2016, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Yes! The picture in my signature was the only thing I had left from those days. Those were some of the last cars I ever made and possibly my favourite ones.

I remember I spent much time practicing and learning how to make my own police cars. This was my first car I ever tried:

user posted image

..and then after lots of practice, it turned into this:

user posted image

DodgeBoy taught me how to map textures in zmod and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been able to make a lot of the cars that I did.

Looks like you guys are all putting out great cars. I just might have to dig out that disc and get playing again.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
NFS Police Force
Posted: May 25 2016, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

Welcome back wink.png This site is still rocking with a lot of your cars . We can always use some new ones to . We have new bases . We have over 1000 cars posted . So we are getting bigger . biggrin.png and we are still adding cars everyday . wink.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: May 26 2016, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

Whoa, this is unexpected. Welcome back!

But please, stop posting 'my first car' stuff. I don't want to think about mine biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
BoxCarRacer
Posted: May 26 2016, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

@NFS Police Force: I was just going through all the downloads and it brings back a lot of memories looking at all those cars. Seeing some of the new bases also gives me some ideas of what cars I'd like to see next!

@XJ220: lol! You ended up being able to model your own cars from scratch though and they turned out great despite being low poly! I wanted to use them as bases for my own projects back then but I stopped playing before I got the chance to.

After I left NFS, I started playing the Multi-Theft Auto mod for GTA:SA for some quick online racing. There used to be a great Cops N' Robbers server but it's been closed for a while. I still play today in some of the racing servers though!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
NFS Police Force
Posted: May 26 2016, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Well that cool .If you have some ideas let use know . If you are up to making cars agin . Let use know .I will throw you up on the staff team and you will be ready to go . wink.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: May 26 2016, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

Welcome. Pleasure to meet you wink.png If you still got these go head and post them.

user posted image

I also try to make low poly traffic cop cars but I also try to do ones no one in the NFS HighStakes mod community has done, Like oldies from Europe or even ones not made yet by the mod community..I routinely download vehicles from several 3D model and mod sites all over the web and see if I can use them in HighStakes..Some I can others are way too high poly for that sad.png.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: May 27 2016, 02:13 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

Holy Moly! Now this is some blast from the past. Welcome back, m8! happy.png

I remember that I used to have this motto "with High Stakes to the next decade" or something along the lines.
And here we are. laugh.png

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
BoxCarRacer
Posted: May 27 2016, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ May 26 2016, 05:41 PM)
Welcome. Pleasure to meet you wink.png If you still got these go head and post them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/zephyr22b/cars1.png

I also try to make low poly traffic cop cars but I also try to do ones no one in the NFS HighStakes mod community has done, Like oldies from Europe or even ones not made yet by the mod community..I routinely download vehicles from several 3D model and mod sites all over the web and see if I can use them in HighStakes..Some I can others are way too high poly for that sad.png.

Oh man, I wish I still had those cars. I don't have anything saved at all. sad.png

--------------------
user posted image
PM
BoxCarRacer
Posted: May 29 2016, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Ok so I just got the game re-installed but there's a problem with the gameplay. I can't stop anyone because every time I try to make contact,my car just goes right through the other car lol. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Paul Spain
Posted: May 29 2016, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (BoxCarRacer @ May 30 2016, 01:27 AM)
Ok so I just got the game re-installed but there's a problem with the gameplay. I can't stop anyone because every time I try to make contact,my car just goes right through the other car lol. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Yeah..It's a bug in the Stock Pack update to the game..You must turn no collision and no damage off..then it should work right.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
WWPD
Posted: Jun 6 2016, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 98

It's like we're back to the good old days again ; )

Maybe we should make this game the best NFS again, since it got a fan patch that fixed so many (all?) problems with it:
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/nfs-high-stak...dern-patch.html

Pretty nice to run it at HD resolution at 144Hz window mode with high poly cars without crashing.
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jun 6 2016, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Wow welcome WWPD .It seam like everyone is pop back up .LOL biggrin.png

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jun 7 2016, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Member No.: 229

QUOTE (WWPD @ Jun 6 2016, 06:13 PM)
It's like we're back to the good old days again ; )

except I am here! ha ha ha I have spoiled your nostalgia. On real note boxcarracer I have seen your cars they are very impressive. Haven't seen you on the forums before.

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll