P

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HS ColdWar mod
Paul Spain
  Posted: Oct 14 2013, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Well work is near complete on the N.F.S. HighStakes ColdWar Police mod, I was hoping to be able to mod tracks to ColdWar locales as well for a true ColdWar emersion but I found that to not be too compatible with some locales so I scrapped the idea for now.

The mod features the police vehicles and sirens (if the country had a unique one it's own) to the police, Countries included:

D.D.R.

Poland S.S.R.

Bulgaria S.S.R.

Romainia S.S.R.

Hungary S.S.R.

Czechoslavakia S.S.R.

U.S.S.R.

I have been researching the police vehicles of these places and now I think I have a accurate mix (note: Edited the Polish Milicja Lada 2106 to a Polski Fiat 125P as the Milicja never used Ladas even though the citizens did huh.png )

Special thanks to all who I got intel from is in the READ.ME.

I will soon post a video showcasing the vehicles.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 15 2013, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

I've run into a setback. I can't find no good low poly enough Dacia 1300s to make for Romania.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 19 2013, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Latest update:

Polish Milicja Lada 2106 replaced with Polski Fiat 125 (made by modding the Lada 2106) since the Milicja never used Ladas.

Also was able to rip some vehicles from the Emergency 4 D.D.R. mod and M60 Russian Mod, Currently testing these.

And thanks to someone in Romania I was able to find a video on YouTube with the Romania Militia's siren so I was able to put it into the mod too.

Also something intresting, Seems Milicja also used the Tesla siren just like Bulgaria,Czechoslovakia and U.S.S.R. This I didn't know til I found this:

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 20 2013, 02:47 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

Have you thought about giving your cars a more credible class? AA is quite... ambitious for an old sedan. I know that HS is no sim at all but seeing the Lada chase a Diablo just doesn't look right to me.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 20 2013, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Oct 20 2013, 10:47 AM)
Have you thought about giving your cars a more credible class? AA is quite... ambitious for an old sedan. I know that HS is no sim at all but seeing the Lada chase a Diablo just doesn't look right to me.

The UAZ Hunter (Milicja Jeep) replaced the Corvette cop for that track so he was the one chasing the Diablo, The Polski Fiat Milicja cars was just back up (Replaces the BMW) so no matter what class I make them they'll still be backup cars as the game only has limited police traffic vehicles by default. What class would you make the patrol cars?

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Oct 21 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

'B' of course. 'A' only for practical reasons so backup is useful but definitely not 'AA'.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 2 2014, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

A quick update on this mod, I have found out you can just paste the foreign language speech into cop files without screwing up the game to a new language..Thus I can add real Russian speech to the Soviet track (Durham Road) Take a look:

If the game has Czech and Polish versions that would be great..I know it has German speech files in the German game.

Thanks to Vitalli for the Russian speech files. I also noticed the ГАИ was ГАN..I have since fixed that so no worries. wink.png

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Apr 3 2014, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

That first siren on the Program 997 video sounds very similar to the siren used in New Zealand in the '80s and '90s. It's still in use today on older fire appliances. I have recorded several versions of it; it's my all-time favourite siren.

Those Militia cars look pretty nice so far. I did wonder if it was possible to get the speech files from other versions of HS. It seems to work.

I think Class B would be more accurate, but it all depends on the performance settings on your cars. I have a few Class B pursuit cars, and it does work well. The M5 backups are a bit more effective.

Re-texturing a track can be quite tricky depending on the pictures you use. I've only tried to re-texture Landstrasse with textures from Alps (NFS Porsche). If you're using Eastern Bloc locales then you need pictures, which would probably be very hard. But it's not impossible.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Apr 3 2014, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Apr 3 2014, 11:42 PM)
That first siren on the Program 997 video sounds very similar to the siren used in New Zealand in the '80s and '90s.  It's still in use today on older fire appliances.  I have recorded several versions of it; it's my all-time favourite siren.

Those Militia cars look pretty nice so far.  I did wonder if it was possible to get the speech files from other versions of HS.  It seems to work.

I think Class B would be more accurate, but it all depends on the performance settings on your cars.  I have a few Class B pursuit cars, and it does work well.  The M5 backups are a bit more effective.

Re-texturing a track can be quite tricky depending on the pictures you use.  I've only tried to re-texture Landstrasse with textures from Alps (NFS Porsche).  If you're using Eastern Bloc locales then you need pictures, which would probably be very hard.  But it's not impossible.

huh.png You mean that siren Milita has, That's the Tesla AZD..So NZ had a simular sounding one too then? I know America has a simular sounding one and it's still made..Warble tone:

As for difficulties..Well for the U.S.S.R. I've happened to pic a track that's almost perfect: Durham City Beta 3 because it has very simular buildings..Only some minor changes are needed but because texturing tracks is somewhat difficult I've recruted the help of Madman NFS from NFS Cars, Just so happens I was lucky to have picked him because he too has been wanting to mod this track and he agrees it would be possible to make it with only minor changes. For the D.D.R. locale I selected (after trying several German tracks) Bergstraße Special Edition Beta as it was easiest to mod. I also added some D.D.R. flags on poles (one at the start and one up town at the VolksPolizei station) and I have all their sirens recorded too..Recently I was able to add my favorite version of the Presston 7512 (Wail-Yelp) (Darkone will love tone this tone setup laugh.png) it sounds alot better than their old Wail only siren. Here is a video of that siren added:

Now there most likely will be difficulities when the other locales are made (Hungary,Poland,Czechoslavakia, and Romania but atleast I got 2 knocked out of the way..Maybe other track makers will join so these could be made, If not I guess worse comes to worse I just remove a thing here-there and add a piece here-there I can make places to represent them though they are just generalizations not set in any particular city, You'll notice the D.D.R. patrol cars all have Berlin plates (prefix 00- before the unit number) Yet you can tell the track I've chose clearly is a city not nowhere as big as Berlin tongue.png . I feel with NFS HighStakes's limits it's just not possible to have these places be 100% spot on but rather I make rough generalizations of locales.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 21 2014, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

I have got new vehicles to add to this mod, 2 (possibly 3 if the other is low poly too) AZLK Moskvitches. One I'm getting ready the other is done all but a driver on a VolksPolizei and cop gear needing added to a VB, the other models have to be painted (as they're white by default) AZLK Moskvitch 412 (1972)

user posted image
user posted image

VB, They was still using the old style scheme for that year. DarkOne will love this biggrin.png, though I need to fix the text to make it better.

user posted image
user posted image

The other cars I'm working on..They are a 1969 Moskvitch 408, 1950 Moskvitch 407 (if low poly enough..Will take longer though as it needs assembled..Parts are just throwed every which way on it ohmy.png.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Aug 22 2014, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Apr 3 2014, 08:44 PM)
Recently I was able to add my favorite version of the Presston 7512 (Wail-Yelp) (Darkone will love tone this tone setup laugh.png) it sounds alot better than their old Wail only siren.

Oh, bloody hell! Space Invaders! laugh.png

It would be better on American locale, where the wail gets repeated several times and the phaser would come as yelp, but it's definitely less disturbing than that ghostly siren their police cars usually had. tongue.png

VB, They was still using the old style scheme for that year. DarkOne will love this biggrin.png, though I need to fix the text to make it better.

Also don't forget that they used the lettering only over the front doors and it was narrow and rather tall. wink.png

Best source for anything related to accurate replica of Czechoslovak police cars would be Police Historical Society (unfortunately, both their websites didn't got really updated for the long time, so their twitface galeries will have to do).

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 22 2014, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (Dark One @ Aug 22 2014, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Paul Spain @ Apr 3 2014, 08:44 PM)
Recently I was able to add my favorite version of the Presston 7512 (Wail-Yelp) (Darkone will love tone this tone setup laugh.png) it sounds alot better than their old Wail only siren.

Oh, bloody hell! Space Invaders! laugh.png

It would be better on American locale, where the wail gets repeated several times and the phaser would come as yelp, but it's definitely less disturbing than that ghostly siren their police cars usually had. tongue.png

Also don't forget that they used the lettering only over the front doors and it was narrow and rather tall. wink.png

Best source for anything related to accurate replica of Czechoslovak police cars would be Police Historical Society (unfortunately, both their websites didn't got really updated for the long time, so their twitface galeries will have to do).

I shall try to get the font and text correct. Also I know what light these had now thanks to that page..Odd that they used white Tesla AZD..The white one looks wierd to me..The black siren ones looks much better. I'm guessing Tesla AZD came out in white first then after they realized how bad that looked brought out black in the 1970's-1980's series.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Martin you was kind of wrong on the VB, NOT all their vehicles has it all crammed onto the front doors only, I found I now have to redo the lettering on the Moskvitch 412 (1973) Also thank God some has the black Tesla..The white ones are just plain ugly wink.png .

user posted image

Also they had a few Lada 2101s with it like that too just before reapinting them all yellow/white in 1976.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Oct 2 2014, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

You mean that siren Milita has, That's the Tesla AZD..So NZ had a simular sounding one too then?

They did. Here is a video of one on a fire appliance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o4iEBdfV_8

And here is a video of a very high-pitched version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eggcBc0sOUg

The sirens were also used on police cars and ambulances during the 80s and possibly late 70s, but fire engines from that era are the only vehicles still using them today.

I must say, I like the blue colour of that VB Moskvitch. I've no idea why anyone would have yellow police cars. Still, I guess it's more noticeable than the 70s NZ police livery: light grey with a single red beacon and the world 'POLICE' on the door!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Oct 2 2014, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Oct 3 2014, 02:49 AM)
You mean that siren Milita has, That's the Tesla AZD..So NZ had a simular sounding one too then?

They did. Here is a video of one on a fire appliance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o4iEBdfV_8

And here is a video of a very high-pitched version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eggcBc0sOUg

The sirens were also used on police cars and ambulances during the 80s and possibly late 70s, but fire engines from that era are the only vehicles still using them today.

I must say, I like the blue colour of that VB Moskvitch. I've no idea why anyone would have yellow police cars. Still, I guess it's more noticeable than the 70s NZ police livery: light grey with a single red beacon and the world 'POLICE' on the door!

huh.png This is VERY intresting, Did N.Z. have some official trade with either U.S.S.R. or Czechoslavakia (which is where the Tesla siren is made)? Or did they just decide to use them on their own?

Yeah I like the blue/white VB police cars better too..Yellow/white just looks odd but the yellow/white ones are easier to make.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll