Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Did I get a good deal?
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 1 2016, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Ok, So I got one thing out of the way, I got my new game Pc I wanted and cheap as the seller took my offer, Here's the info guys smile.png.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291777072476?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 1 2016, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

Not bad. Building a new custom PC like that here would cost probably 5 times that. Can it run Internet Explorer? laugh.png

I will be commissioning a high-spec PC soon (when I have the money) and it will cost a bit under $3000.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jun 1 2016, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

Not bad . It about 3 hours from my house LOL. 40 for shipping that where thy get you .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 1 2016, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jun 1 2016, 11:31 PM)
Not bad. Building a new custom PC like that here would cost probably 5 times that. Can it run Internet Explorer? laugh.png

I will be commissioning a high-spec PC soon (when I have the money) and it will cost a bit under $3000.

"I will be commissioning a high-spec PC soon (when I have the money) and it will cost a bit under $3000."

huh.png ohmy.png

Not unlike what I came up with cruising sites where you build it your self online to your specs..The bare PC with just the case and mother board starts off cheap..Like $160.00 etc. But then once you slap in the vid card you like and the RAM,Before you know it you're up to $400.00-$700.00 or higher.

For one that had the specs I'm getting with this one I think it was $1700.00 something total, Then there's a fee for refusing Windows 10 and having them put on 7 instead sad.png.

This is why on Ebay I often check custom built ones that people have built already and are ready to go out of the box..More often than not I find one I like and then instead of paying the Buy It Now I make a offer what I can afford, Some take it some not and then you have to either go up or pay the buy it now price.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 2 2016, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

@ Max: Which kind of Dollar? If that's USD, then what the hell are you buying? An Apple iMac?

@ Paul: The price seems fair, though the description is a bit vague. "640 GB HDD space". IDE? SATA? RPM? Also, gaming is a very relative term and becoming even more so with more and more indie devs surfacing. The 550 was mid-class in its days and has been replaced four times now with the Nvidia 10XX series coming up this year (5th replacement). Plus it has an AMD CPU which is just hideous. LOL

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 2 2016, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I was using New Zealand Dollars; so $3000 equals just over 2000 USD. The price includes the 21.5" monitor. It'll be high-spec; it'll have a 1TB HDD plus a smaller SSD, a GTX 1070, a 4GHz i7 and at least 16GB of DDR4 RAM.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 3 2016, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Okay then, that sounds realistic ^^

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jun 6 2016, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

getting gaming PC in CAD costs a ton of money I am just picking up a pc in about an hour. It costed me $300 (CAD) but I have plans to put a Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card in it and Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory kit in it and a WD 1 TB HDD. anyways here are the specs

Case: A no name case no one cares about (Doesn't need to but will be replaced hopfully)
Optical Drive: A no name DVD/CD R/W (to play HS)
CPU: Fx-8320e (8 Cores)
CPU Cooler: corsair H60
Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3
RAM: (Needs To Be Upgraded) 2x2 gb Ram at 1600mhz (the Motherboard has 4 Ram Slots)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 520 watt 80+ Bronze power Supply
Storage: Seagate 320GB head drive (need to be replaced with a new one or an SSD)
Video Card: Nvidia GT 520 1gb DDR3 comes with DVI to VGA adapter (Needs to be Replaced)

not joking the seller just showed up about halfway through this post when I started putting down specs to be exact.

here are the pics the seller sent me.
Pictures

The seller is actualy a family friend and is selling it to move from NB to NS and needs the money it sucks though Because he never got to finish it. only one more training day of cadets then awards next week an review on saturday and I am done for the year!

also this is my 80th post!

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 6 2016, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

However expensive an item is in Canada, it's probably more expensive in New Zealand. You should see how much fuel and Apple products cost here. Even a Matchbox car costs twice as much as it should (and that's at the cheapest NZ price).

Those specs don't look too bad wink.png.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jun 7 2016, 04:00 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

yep I have a friend that used to live in NZ and the prices are insane there.

also, with all do respect paul shouldn't this have been in the tech section? cool.png

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
XJ220
Posted: Jun 7 2016, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Good call, moved.

Also, the 300 CAD price tag seems to be pretty fair IMO.

What I am wondering though... you say things are more expensive in CDN or NZ. Just by the numbers? I suppose the value of the respective dollars is just lower in general resulting in bigger numbers anywhere. Otherwise, things would have to be the cheapest in the UK due to the Pound's strength, but converted to other currencies, you don't save much if anything in most cases.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 7 2016, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

The prices for just about everything here are insane even after converting the currency. A Matchbox car in the US costs US$1. With the exchange rate, it should cost NZ$1.50 here ($2 at the most). In reality, they cost $3 at the cheapest, which equates to US$2. Places that stock very few of those cars charge up to $5 each!

The national average price for 95 Octane petrol (the highest you can get here!) is NZ$2.08 per litre. Where I live, prices are always above average.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 8 2016, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

biggrin.png this PC is awesome. It even has blue LEDs in the back fan. I plugged in my old PC's hard drives to it as well (turned out it had 2 free slots on the board) So now I got alot of space to store things..I got (in the PC) my old PC's 2 320GB harddrives and this PC came with a 640GB hard drive already.

wink.png Now to install my NFS HighStakes on it..Graphics (looking at cars in FCE Finish2) are great but sadly it seems that when you plug in hard drives from your old PC to a new one..the games you have on them won't run, even if you copy all the files over to your new PC's hard drive..So you got to reinstall everything mad.png However programs them selves tend to work..My vid converters..NFS mod tools (though you need to change the shortcuts on your desk top to match what the new PC renamed you old hard drives to)

Anyway..Now to put on some games and I'll try that fan patch for NFS HighStakes mentioned a few topics back..I'll also put Emergency 4 on it..And hopefully it'll play Crime Stories From The Files Of Martin Mystere too, I loved that game but never could get it to work on new PCs.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 8 2016, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

That's likely because there's a thing called 'registry' which is required to run some apps. Nothing new.

Also, considering your history of data loss, have you ever considered a proper HDD failure solution instead of adding just extra, unsafe space? wink.png

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jun 8 2016, 02:42 AM)
The prices for just about everything here are insane even after converting the currency.  A Matchbox car in the US costs US$1.  With the exchange rate, it should cost NZ$1.50 here ($2 at the most).  In reality, they cost $3 at the cheapest, which equates to US$2.  Places that stock very few of those cars charge up to $5 each!

The national average price for 95 Octane petrol (the highest you can get here!) is NZ$2.08 per litre.  Where I live, prices are always above average.

The average price here at the moment is pretty much the same, converted. Still, you always need to compare the average income to prices for a proper comparison.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jun 8 2016, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Jun 8 2016, 04:34 PM)
That's likely because there's a thing called 'registry' which is required to run some apps. Nothing new.

Also, considering your history of data loss, have you ever considered a proper HDD failure solution instead of adding just extra, unsafe space? wink.png

QUOTE (BrabusAMG @ Jun 8 2016, 02:42 AM)
The prices for just about everything here are insane even after converting the currency.  A Matchbox car in the US costs US$1.  With the exchange rate, it should cost NZ$1.50 here ($2 at the most).  In reality, they cost $3 at the cheapest, which equates to US$2.  Places that stock very few of those cars charge up to $5 each!

The national average price for 95 Octane petrol (the highest you can get here!) is NZ$2.08 per litre.  Where I live, prices are always above average.

The average price here at the moment is pretty much the same, converted. Still, you always need to compare the average income to prices for a proper comparison.

Yes..I have a SSD drive laying around somewhere (I misplaced it) I plan on someday getting all SSD for my needs but for now I have to use what I can afford and have on hand etc. as for my HDD fails..Well they actually rarely fail me..I have a PC right now that I could fire up that is so old it has IED HDD but still works good tongue.png But it only has a 32GB drive in it ohmy.png . How far they have came storage space wise over the years wink.png .

Anyway what usually caused my HDDs to fail was if we had a bad storm and the power got knocked out while they was in the middle of a long download or I was playing a game but even then it was a rare occurance as usually they'd be ok and the PC just boot back up, Go through its checks and say this-that needs fixed..would fix it's errors (bad sectors) and then be fine but there was always that 1 small instance when it would not and would just stay on it's error message..Then I knew I was screwed. sad.png

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll