P

Pages: (26) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HP/HS Louis' Garage, Racer & Pursuit Cars
XJ220
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 9

Much better!

Two things, though:

a ) I'd re-add the tint for the rear windows as it looks quite bland without it. Plus, how many SUVs you see driving around with clear windows only?

b ) You forgot to copy one texture that belongs to the LS rims. Was pretty surprised now that I compared the photo to your Suburban's screenshots that my work looked so inaccurate.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 25 2013, 01:44 PM)
Much better!

Thanks it took looking at pics of the Suburban like you said to & when its done I was hoping maybe you could do a pursuit version one day after you get the HD Caprice out of the way as well as your pursuit version with countries from different countries. I thought you could do a Tahoe the same way with the different liveries from the different countries too along with this Suburban & your Caprice.

a ) I'd re-add the tint for the rear windows as it looks quite bland without it. Plus, how many SUVs you see driving around with clear windows only?

Already fixed that on not just the Suburban but also the Tahoes including the PPV, & SSV I will post pics of that later I corrected that after reading your post.

b ) You forgot to copy one texture that belongs to the LS rims. Was pretty surprised now that I compared the photo to your Suburban's screenshots that my work looked so inaccurate.

What do you mean by that I'm pretty sure that I copied each texture for that rim onto my TGA but do point it out to me what I left out I had to relocate the texture due to the fact I placed the GM logo texture in the spot where you placed the texture originally on the TGA that you sent to me with the rim.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
XJ220
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (CVPI19 @ Nov 25 2013, 11:33 PM)
What do you mean by that I'm pretty sure that I copied each texture for that rim onto my TGA but do point it out to me what I left out I had to relocate the texture due to the fact I placed the GM logo texture in the spot where you placed the texture originally on the TGA that you sent to me with the rim.

Seriously, just open the file I sent you.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 25 2013, 07:10 PM)
Seriously, just open the file I sent you.

Ok I found out what you meant & I fixed it Nils thanks I look forward to releasing these SUVs. Is this what you were talking about & after finding out about it I decided to go back to the tga & make the black part of it transparent so I could add disc brakes to the vehicle.

user posted image

Just let me know if you plan to do a pursuit Suburban out of the Suburban one day ok?

Oh about the tints here's the tints readded as you told me to do.

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (CVPI19 @ Nov 26 2013, 06:00 AM)
Ok I found out what you meant & I fixed it Nils thanks I look forward to releasing these SUVs. Is this what you were talking about & after finding out about it I decided to go back to the tga & make the black part of it transparent so I could add disc brakes to the vehicle.

Up to you. The problem I see here is that you now see that the wheel is hollow as the inward wall of the rim is not there. Might want to add it. I left it away and made the holes opaque to keep the polycount down and because the holes are not that big – in my opinion. Views on this vary greatly.

Just let me know if you plan to do a pursuit Suburban out of the Suburban one day ok?

Not really. It's just the fat even less mobile brother of the Tahoe for me. Pursuit Tahoe PPV will be my only project building on these SUVs.

Oh about the tints here's the tints readded as you told me to do.

Great! I think it makes any American SUV more "credible".

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Up to you. The problem I see here is that you now see that the wheel is hollow as the inward wall of the rim is not there. Might want to add it. I left it away and made the holes opaque to keep the polycount down and because the holes are not that big – in my opinion. Views on this vary greatly.

Yeah you are right I think I will scrap the brakes later when I get back home.

Not really. It's just the fat even less mobile brother of the Tahoe for me. Pursuit Tahoe PPV will be my only project building on these SUVs.

The Suburban is used for police work in fact the Mexican police have them too but other wise they aren't used for high speed chases more like equipment transporting, crime scene investigation, etc.

Great! I think it makes any American SUV more "credible".

Thanks & I will get back to the G8 & Camaro, when the G8 is done then its Commodore/Lumina (Middle East) conversion variants. The G8 GT & GXP use different performances than the Commodores, Luminas (Middle East), & Caprices since the Omega Commodore has a V6 engine let me know if you could help me out the performance files for these vehicles.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (CVPI19 @ Nov 26 2013, 06:28 PM)
[...]The Suburban is used for police work in fact the Mexican police have them too but other wise they aren't used for high speed chases more like equipment transporting, crime scene investigation, etc.

I know that it is being used for Police work just like Mack trucks but that doesn't make either very NFS-ish in my eyes. Not that the Tahoe was a sportscar but it's closer to being one than the Suburban, that's for sure.

QUOTE (CVPI19 @ Nov 26 2013, 06:28 PM)
Thanks & I will get back to the G8 & Camaro, when the G8 is done then its Commodore/Lumina (Middle East) conversion variants. The G8 GT & GXP use different performances than the Commodores, Luminas (Middle East), & Caprices since the Omega Commodore has a V6 engine let me know if you could help me out the performance files for these vehicles.

So do all of these cars use the very same engine? If so, I don't think that the G8 GT and GXP will be much slower if at all than the Caprice PPV?

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 27 2013, 10:14 AM)
I know that it is being used for Police work just like Mack trucks but that doesn't make either very NFS-ish in my eyes. Not that the Tahoe was a sportscar but it's closer to being one than the Suburban, that's for sure.

Well then I could do the pursuit Suburban with the schemes from your Pursuit Tahoe PPV if you are fine with me using those schemes for it as well as license plates, etc.

So do all of these cars use the very same engine? If so, I don't think that the G8 GT and GXP will be much slower if at all than the Caprice PPV?

The G8 GT used the L76 V8 which was also used in the 2006 VZ Commodore & WK Statesman/Caprice, the Series I VE Commodore & WM Statesman/Caprice from 2006-2010 in addition to the 2006 Caprice & Lumina and 2007-2010 Caprice & Lumina from the Middle East, while the GXP used the same engine as the 2008-2013 Corvette C6 which was also used in the Series II HSV models as well & in the new VF Commodore based Chevrolet SS sedan. As for the V6 the one found in the Series II Commodore & V6 Caprice PPV its also used in the V6 Camaro & Chinese built Park Avenue variant as well. In other words the V8 engines different from the Series II Commodore & Caprice for the G8 GT & GXP.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Ok here's the latest update for the Suburban it now finally has its nameplate texture & its masked too.

Suburban Update

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Very nice! A must-have for Suburban fans smile.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 28 2013, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 28 2013, 02:51 AM)
Very nice! A must-have for Suburban fans smile.png

Thanks Nils all that's left is the damage, then colors, testing, readme, vidwalls, & release of the Suburban along with Tahoes. In addition to the 2WD variants of the Tahoe LS & Suburban LS the 4wd or 4x4 variants will follow as seen here like with the Tahoe SSV which has its body raised this is the Tahoe LS 4wd/4x4 version.

2008 Tahoe LS 4x4

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Nov 30 2013, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Is the increased ground clearance really the only difference? Perhaps you could add something off-road-ish to distinguish one version from the other. Some additional headlights. A pushbar. Or dirt!

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
CVPI19
Posted: Nov 30 2013, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Nov 30 2013, 05:23 PM)
Is the increased ground clearance really the only difference? Perhaps you could add something off-road-ish to distinguish one version from the other. Some additional headlights. A pushbar. Or dirt!

Yeah it is Nils also I will also do a Suburban Commerical for the staff to use as well.

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
CVPI19
Posted: Dec 8 2013, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Ok the Suburban is done but one of the things I had to do was fix the nameplate by making it more accurate to the real thing & so here it is. Now all that's left Nils is to make the vidwalls for the 4WD Tahoe & Suburban and then test them out. Then they will be released to the public as the site's latest civilian SUVs next to Nils' 96 Jeep Cherokee.

Nameplate corrected

user posted image

--------------------
NFS Police HQ Staff
www.nfspolicehq.com
XJ220
Posted: Dec 9 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

You did the vidwalls for your Caprices yourself, why not for these?

Oh and the Blazer is slightly newer than the Cherokee biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (26) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll