P

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need for Speed, Confirmed as a reboot
XJ220
Posted: Jun 5 2015, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 9

Ummm... neither of the two Underground games had even AI cops, let alone playable police. And I think at least the first one was pretty successful. Moreover, many people have been asking for a new Underground. What makes you think actually doing one will not be a success?

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Jun 5 2015, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

Nils, please. The franchise was swarmed by FnF kids, because Underground was literally made to attract their attention, it had everything they ever wanted, and wasn't made on mother's computer over the weekend. But it doesn't mean, that the franchise is theirs now. We are THE fans! dry.png

People were tearing EA apart over STORYLINE in Most Wanted through Undercover, but they still dare to make The RUN, turning it literally into CLICK OR DIE arcade, with playable race/car chase intermissions. And fans almost burned EA down! That's why we got new Most Wanted, which had no such a thing, and played it safe, by fixing what Undercover messed up, and taking from what went well with Hot Pursuit. And that's why we got Rivals, which was almost High Stakes 2, though it still failed to introduce the international settings.

But this new game is just revamped NFS World, playable exclusively online, without actually being an MMO. Nothing to call home about.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
ahmad
Posted: Jun 6 2015, 01:30 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Member No.: 30

I love the international tracks, but I love much too every American city because of the lights, buildings and highways that located outside and inside the City, and I love too much the police departments inside United States.

--------------------
Everything are here to stay....
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 6 2015, 04:06 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Dark One @ Jun 5 2015, 10:11 PM)
Nils, please. The franchise was swarmed by FnF kids, because Underground was literally made to attract their attention, it had everything they ever wanted, and wasn't made on mother's computer over the weekend. But it doesn't mean, that the franchise is theirs now. We are THE fans! dry.png

Yeah. THE fans. Numerous and all. NOOOT. EA cares about the numbers not who are >THE< fans. There are quite a lot of people nowadays who seem to think Underground was the first NFS...

At least most people seem to agree that stories do not work in racing games (unless it's a as minimalistic as in Driver San Francisco). If Hot Pursuit (2010) and Rivals were so successful, why not just repeat those games? That's what EA has been doing for decades with sports games.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Jun 6 2015, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Well, that is the biggest heresy here. EA is claiming to go back to the beginning, doing a reboot, and then what we see is just Carbon/World remake, with storyline rubbed in our faces yet another time, because it worked so well last time around. And "autolog" is yet another feature, that hardcore NFS fans can't imagine their life without, not. dry.png

But FnF kids have their own games, and it's not our fault that these are mediocre at best, if not bad by default. If EA wants to attract them so much, they have enough cash to burn, paying for the brand. NFS went wandering through all sorts of hell already even without that.

I can only hope that if this is their idea of reboot, next game will be A REMAKE of Need for Speed II, with playable cops.

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
NFS Police Force
Posted: Jun 6 2015, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Webmaster

Member No.: 6

Thank you someone think the same thing .It just a amped up Need For Speed World .That why thy are shutting down the old one so thy put the new one on disk and make people pay and probely pay for cars still . It going to be another flop game .

--------------------
NFS Police Force
Webmaster
Chief Of Police
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 7 2015, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Dark One @ Jun 6 2015, 10:39 PM)
I can only hope that if this is their idea of reboot, next game will be A REMAKE of Need for Speed II, with playable cops.

No. No please no. They shall not touch the legacy of Need for Speed II for they would simply ruin it!

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Jun 7 2015, 02:26 AM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

We already got FOUR Hot Pursuit games, THREE Most Wanted games, TWO Carbons, TWO Undergrounds, TWO Shifts...

It's not that much to ask for iteration of a game from the good old days, or is it?

HOT PURSUIT was also more of THE NEED FOR SPEED turned into HP2 successor, than anything else.
So whatever the next game will be called, why not wish for NEED FOR SPEED II that is successor to HIGH STAKES?

Or would you prefer EA just remaking Most Wanted and Carbon at random under different names through the next few years?

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
ahmad
Posted: Jun 8 2015, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Member No.: 30

Guys however, the fans don't have a much interest in older nfs because it doesn't have the free roam mode, and also about myself I love hot pursuit 2 and 2010 but I love also nfs franchise games because it included more cars and free roam and a big American city.

--------------------
Everything are here to stay....
PMEmail Poster
UnumProvident101
Posted: Jun 8 2015, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Member No.: 21

I might be getting a PS4 for christmas this year possibly
and I can't wait until the newest nfs game comes and my xbox 360 will not be able to play that game because it is not supported so that is why I want a ps4 later this year

--------------------
Micah Hutcherson
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jun 9 2015, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Dark One @ Jun 7 2015, 12:26 PM)
We already got FOUR Hot Pursuit games, THREE Most Wanted games, TWO Carbons, TWO Undergrounds, TWO Shifts...

It's not that much to ask for iteration of a game from the good old days, or is it?

HOT PURSUIT was also more of THE NEED FOR SPEED turned into HP2 successor, than anything else.
So whatever the next game will be called, why not wish for NEED FOR SPEED II that is successor to HIGH STAKES?

Or would you prefer EA just remaking Most Wanted and Carbon at random under different names through the next few years?

I'd rather consider HP2010 a mix of HP and HP2, not much TNFS in it IMO.

Anyhow, I can't imagine EA will not ruin the brand entirely. They did with Command & Conquer, which they cared for much more. And should NFS go down, I do not want it to even remotely look like NFS2 wink.png

But I would most certainly not mind a, say, Rivals 2. I actually enjoyed its 'story' bits and the overall 'I am your rival' theme as well as the selection of cars and the map.

But then again, all I was trying to say was that I do not think we're representing a majority of the NFS consumer crowd. We're discussing the upcoming UG3/Carbon 2 here and not our dreams of the perfect NFS tongue.png

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jun 10 2015, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Member No.: 75

Maybe this game will do so badly that EA sells the franchise and Synetic buys it ... nah, I don't think that would ever happen. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing an NFS game made by Synetic. They made pretty good games like Mercedes-Benz World Racing and World Racing 2. They've even made police-themed games based on a TV series.

I have thoughts of HS successors too. The main things I would want in a new game would be playable cops, reasonably realistic gameplay and international scenery. It is possible to have more than one open world, as Synetic proved with its two World Racing games.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Michael_Mcknight
Posted: Jul 28 2018, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

V.I.P

Member No.: 361

well I"m looking forward to this reboot , hopefully it turns out good and is able to run on older hardware at least .
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Jul 28 2018, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

I'm done with any new NFS game until they go back to the HighStakes International locale format dry.png mad.png All their "stuck in one country" is pissing me off, They need to expand their options and add locales and police from foreign lands again, They are getting BORING.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dark One
Posted: Aug 2 2018, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

It's almost amusing to look back to 2015, knowing just how much of fail that game was. And then they had guts to come with Payback, which was literally a FnF game with Need For Speed tittle glued to it. dry.png I'm afraid that they will never learn. sleep.png

--------------------
user posted image
[ - MAINTAIN RIGHT - ]
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll