Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Guess what I just saw!
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jul 21 2016, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 75

Today I was going around the village where I live and I saw something interesting; two new boxy cars covered in black material with two Japanese guys in each one. They were driving slowly around the area and kept stopping near the general store/restaurant. The passenger in each car took notes.

Based on how the cars looked, I'm guessing that they were Hondas or Toyotas or something.

One great thing about living in central/northern Otago is, you get to see really cool cars, even concept cars being tested! There's so much money around here. You know the $4m Aston Martin Vulcan? One of those is here; living at the Highlands racing circuit in Cromwell, 40 minutes from my town. It's the only one in the Southern Hemisphere.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jul 22 2016, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

How do you know all four men were Japanese? tongue.png

Anyhow, something like that is great for every car interested person. Or fanatic biggrin.png

Ingolstadt as the home of Audi in combination with my job regularly let's me see new and upcoming models, proper rally cars and even exotics. At least one Lambo per week. Yesterday an Ur-Quattro was parking next to my ride.

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jul 23 2016, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

QUOTE (XJ220 @ Jul 23 2016, 02:19 AM)
How do you know all four men were Japanese? tongue.png

Because I saw them. The car windows weren't tinted and they sometimes got out when they stopped occasionally outside the shop.

I think the reason we have concept cars here sometimes is because we have the Southern Hemisphere Proving Grounds near Cardrona, roughly half an hour away. That facility is used for winter testing when Northern Hemisphere car/tyre makers can't wait for their winter.

Before I moved here a year ago, I had only seen one Lamborghini before (a black Countach, which I also got a ride in). Since then, I've seen several modern ones, as well as two Mercedes-Benz SLS AMGs (not including the GT3 ones I saw at the racing track).

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
slego9
Posted: Jul 24 2016, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Super V.I.P

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

I saw a 350z tongue.png no we have that and a supra in our neighborhood those are the sportiest cars I have seen in person.

--------------------
(Insert awesome signature here)

PMUsers Website
BrabusAMG
Posted: Jul 24 2016, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I guess I've been a bit spoilt, since I got to see cool cars around Nelson as well. Every year, a car show is held there, usually at the old car factory (the factory's long gone, but the grounds are still there). There's also an impressive car museum next to it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
XJ220
Posted: Jul 25 2016, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 9

I recently saw a Testarossa next to a 2005 or so Pontiac GTO waiting at an intersection. Both strangers to this city biggrin.png

--------------------
user posted image
The official Birthday Man.

Guess the Police Car Challenge
PMEmail Poster
Paul Spain
Posted: Aug 3 2016, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Adminstrator

Member No.: 7

There is a Datsun 2?0 Z for sale at a thrift shop in my city, It's a nice color combo (dark blue/silver) except for not being black it's almost marked identical to Japanese police cars minus the _/\_ design on the hood.

--------------------
I'm 10-80..All units 10-0!

Enjoying this car very much :D

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BrabusAMG
Posted: Aug 3 2016, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Moderator Administrator

I didn't know you could sell cars at charity shops! laugh.png

They're usually called hospice shops or op shops here (there's also a famous band called Opshop); but I've never seen a car at one.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll